Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Coming Soon Car Audio Products...?

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Im not going to spend $1500 on a hand built amp to run some co-axials in the rear though. If I can however get a better product for the SAME price, thats a different story.

Im also not going to buy something that I havent heard in person. This isn't about what I am and am not going to buy, this about WHEN I am going to buy. Do I buy it now, or do I wait 3 months for some new models... Listen to them and make a choice then?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Im not going to spend $1500 on a hand built amp to run some co-axials in the rear though. If I can however get a better product for the SAME price, thats a different story.

Im also not going to buy something that I havent heard in person. This isn't about what I am and am not going to buy, this about WHEN I am going to buy. Do I buy it now, or do I wait 3 months for some new models... Listen to them and make a choice then?

Wait until you hear that $1500 handbuilt amp! LOL

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
we dont really care what you do mate, you know our opinions on the subject.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
we dont really care what you do mate, you know our opinions on the subject.

Obviously, but I did not need to be told, nor did I ask to be told that new products would only change cosmetically. I provided a list of products by the relevant manufacturer that are ALL NEW products, with other products having different specs and being changed internally also (whether its minor or not is irrelevant).

I understand what you are saying Garfa, but I have my own opinion on the topic which is i'd rather wait 3 months if there are going to be new products so that I can see what they are like.... Which is why the thread is here... Because I wanted any info if there was any on what products MAY be coming. However I got no info and it is clear I will get nothing more from this thread so I will get my info elsewhere (which I expressed in post 4... Which is when this thread should have ended). I do not care what you or anyone else for that matter thinks I should do... I did not ask what you think I should do... I purely asked for information, rumours, anything that might tell me whether new products are on the way so that I can make a decision myself on what I am going to do.

EDIT: That was not meant to be a rant, but it seemed to turn into one. It was not directed at garfa either, just a general opinion on this thread. No offense intended to anyone trying to help or offer advice.

Last edited:

HotVS75

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Series 2 VS Calais
So if you dont want to listen to someone like me, who obviously deals with these things on a daily basis, or listen to anyone elses opinion, then by all means champ wait 3 months just to get a 0.000001% improvement on the spec sheet.

To me that means nothing because untill you can truly understand amplifier specification, what they mean and how they are applied in your circumstance, really your pushing **** up hill.

And you dont need to spend $1500 on a handbuilt amp for a pair of coaxials. I got some awesome handbuilt American amps here for below half that price.

Anyway also not having a go at you, but if you ask a question sometimes you should expect a differing opinion.Im only trying to help and explain to you that if you worry about specifications or cosmetic changes on new models, then you will never settle on anything because brands based on looks, change model EVERY YEAR.

George

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
I dont really consider soundstream just to be based on looks. Im not after all buying audiobahn. All those model changes I listed though mate were more than just cosmetic changes... Most were completely new models, not updates or anything of the sort.

Im not going to wait a year for the gear to come out, but I figured there may be some stuff coming out within the next month or 2 for the 2008 catalogue and I don't want to wait 2 months for nothing... Which is why I am asking if there is anyway I can find out if something is coming soon RIGHT NOW.

All I am trying to do... Is make an informed decision.

I respect your opinions and I realise you know alot about car audio mate, but the opinions expressed in this thread are not relevant to the question I asked and the handbuilt amp suggestion involved no actual models or brands. Im looking for 3 amps, one a 2000wrms @ 1 ohm monoblock, a 4x120wrms @ 3ohm 4 channel and a 2 channel 2x200wrms @ 4ohm. If you can suggest some handbuilt amps to suit these specs that would be excellent, and rough prices. But I want to keep all 3 amps the same brand.

HotVS75

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Series 2 VS Calais
Look i used to be a Soundstream rep. The product is mass produced in China, same as Audiobahn same as Cadence, same as Fusion same as a thousand other brands i can mention.

If anything the newer products coming out are cheaper to make due to the ever increasing market for cheap equipment.

If you want to make an informed decision do some research on the net into some amplifiers which are entirely researched and built in their country of origin.

Audison and Hertz come to mind, same as Tru Technology, then there is Audiosystem, Rockford Fosgate and so and so.

Look into those brands and dont base your judgement on a brochure. Make sure they come birth rated with birth certificates which will guarantee their authenticity, oh and also make sure they are CEA compliant.

George

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
APS: you must have been a crap rep! no offence, but i dont get the feeling you up sold the new stock very well! :p or were you a regional manager and didn't have to deal with the stockists?

HotVS75

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Series 2 VS Calais
No i was a very good rep, who do u think gave Soundstream Australia their biggest account to date.

While i was a rep my job was to sell Soundstream and i did it very well, just my personal account topped over $5k worth of sales a month on top of the 10 stores i managed. I am now no longer a rep i own a car business and i deal with over 30 brands, and i cant be biased towards a brand. There is nothing worse then walking into a store and being told BRAND A u got recommended is crap, or BRAND B is crap. There is no crap product, there is just value for money, and some are built cheaper than others but have higher retail values. Even the worlds highest sought after product can fail, so i dont base brands on one being crap over another.

So im pretty sure you analysis of the situation is wrong especially when you dont know me, nor do i appreciate it when my professional relationship with my job is questioned.

So unfortunately your feeling or attempt at being a psychic and trying to evaluate my situation is WRONG.

But anyway i will no longer offer my opinion since obviously in these circles everyone is more of a professional than someone with years of experience.
So carry on with the thread, and there is no need for personal attacks.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
This is not a personal attack but I thought all soundstream reps were based in melbourne at their head office i.e. Richard and AJ and I think its Heather and the rest.

I do not just shop out of a brochure, I listen to all my products before I buy them and I wouldn't get much opportunity to listen to the brands that you mentioned from an authorised dealer.

Soundstream treat me extremely well and I get a very good price for all their products and I have the opportunity to listen to all their products before I buy. If anything does go wrong with the product even if out of warranty they will replace it free of charge with a new product. Something I doubt would happen with some of the brands mentioned.

Car Audio is about personal choice, and im happy with my choice of brand which is Soundstream especially when they have extremely good customer service. Atleast I have the opportunity to deal with the actual brand, not just a store.

Last edited: