Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need advice regarding my exhaust HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Try another exhaust shop, & keep trying different exhaust shops until you find a shop that will help you?
This is the way

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I did ask before but got troll answers like drilling a hole in a muffler. And I really think that it can't be over 93db as when the car is idling if I go at the back of the car I can only notice a difference when it hasn't warmed up and revs are higher. When warm it sounds completely like stock unless you rev it. Doesn't sound loud at all just louder than stock. Idk if I'm just going crazy but everyone told me a rear delete would bug the hell outta me coz of drone. I don't notice any. Or at least none that bugs me. Just to clarify do you mean take the front muffler off, and replace with hotdog? And leave everything else as it is? I just want a bit louder not tons

I gave you a straight answer.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
So you have a car that is loud, likely over the limit.
It sounds good but you want it louder but under the sound limit.

Am I missing something?

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
What is a good catback that is louder than what I have now but still under 93 db and won't mess up back pressure? Or any other exhaust mods.
Putting a cat-back or anymore exhaust modifications will likely make it go above 93db, so you have to decide whether you want to stay within the noise limit (by leaving it as it is or going back to stock) or exceed the noise limit for extra sound...

A slightly louder exhaust shouldn't be an issue provided that you drive sensibly, though in saying that, going too loud will attract unwanted attention... Also, be careful what exhaust system you go for as they can create lots of drone, especially if it's an automatic...

One last thing, as others have said, take it around to different exhaust shops and see what they can do for you...

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
I guess the exhaust shop were trolling if you didn't like their answer either. Perhaps these professionals just don't have a clue anyway. If you're not a Lyker, you're a H8ter, or some crap the kiddies say, like do a skid.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
someone tells me what i want to hear
That is part of the problem with these questions. I have some hearing loss, but I don't hear much from forum comments. Pretty silent there, unless it is a video.
There's an idea ..... :D......... perhaps @Austin Davies can record a video of the ideal V6 sound, post it here for our hearing pleasure, and we can keep guessing for him.
Or ..... follow a V6 which sounds triffic, stalk the owner, and ask him / her what the set-up is. Life can be so simple. :)

grey_hawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Ute, VS V6 snotbox
If you still have a stock muffler on the front you could get it swapped to a sports muffler which will make it a bit louder.
No doubt the drone will kick in if you don't have it now.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Here's a few sounds I think sounds better than a modified V6 exhaust system.

And like everyone, we all have different tastes in sound, so your best bet is, head to a exhaust shop and unload your wallet until you get that sound you like

Oh and my favourite sound is the last, mainly due to knowing I don't have to wash my jocks afterwards...

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I've already told him.

Get a resonator with two ins and two outs that shares the same chamber.
It's a hard to find muffler but can be found in 2.5"

Then get perforated cone type mufflers at the rear in 2 and a quater.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/125536855464

That's a 3 inch version you can get them smaller, I have a 2 inch one on my Mitsubishi.

If you don't want to do that then you've hit the glass barbie too much and need to rethink you life.

Status
Not open for further replies.