Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need advice regarding my exhaust HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austin Davies

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt executive
Hi all. I have a vu series 2 v6 ute. Its currently running a stock exhaust with a rear muffler delete (muffler cut off and pipe welded in so exhaust still comes out the back) and a growler intake. It sounds pretty good. But I want it to be louder, but not too loud as in cop bait. I've had this muffler delete for over a year and not had any police attention. I thought about removing the front muffler also but surely that will be over the 93 decibel limit? Then someone said remove the front muffler and replace it with a hotdog. Someone else said you'll mess up back pressure if you do that.

So what should I do? I'm thinking of a good catback system, hopefully something I can fit myself. I thought about extractors or high flow cat but I heard they are hard to fit and I have limited tools and experience. What is a good catback that is louder than what I have now but still under 93 db and won't mess up back pressure? Or any other exhaust mods.

No troll answers please like just drill a hole in your muffler. Serious replies. And yes I know to others v6s sound ****. To me they don't though.

Any advice?

grey_hawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Ute, VS V6 snotbox
You've asked this before?
Chances are it's already over the 93 decibel limit.
I had my ute exhaust replaced with a 2 1/2" cat back ('sports' muffler,no rear resi) and at any consistant revs it drones like a mofo.
I'm getting a rear resi put back on,if you can put up with the drone put a hot dog on the front.

Austin Davies

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt executive
You've asked this before?
Chances are it's already over the 93 decibel limit.
I had my ute exhaust replaced with a 2 1/2" cat back ('sports' muffler,no rear resi) and at any consistant revs it drones like a mofo.
I'm getting a rear resi put back on,if you can put up with the drone put a hot dog on the front.
I did ask before but got troll answers like drilling a hole in a muffler. And I really think that it can't be over 93db as when the car is idling if I go at the back of the car I can only notice a difference when it hasn't warmed up and revs are higher. When warm it sounds completely like stock unless you rev it. Doesn't sound loud at all just louder than stock. Idk if I'm just going crazy but everyone told me a rear delete would bug the hell outta me coz of drone. I don't notice any. Or at least none that bugs me. Just to clarify do you mean take the front muffler off, and replace with hotdog? And leave everything else as it is? I just want a bit louder not tons

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
No troll answers please like just drill a hole in your muffler. Serious replies. And yes I know to others v6s sound ****. To me they don't though.
Any advice?

A troll answer........................, you have asked the same question, and didn't like the answers, so do you now expect to get different answers.
You think V6 loud exhausts sound good............. Others don't............ Your opinion ............... So you must be right..

My advice, stop asking forum questions if you don't like the answers.
Get in your car, go to an exhaust shop, or hot-up joint, and tell them what you want and ask how much $$$.
Just do it. Don't make it a never-ending story.

Austin Davies

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt executive
A troll answer........................, you have asked the same question, and didn't like the answers, so do you now expect to get different answers.
You think V6 loud exhausts sound good............. Others don't............ Your opinion ............... So you must be right..

My advice, stop asking forum questions if you don't like the answers.
Get in your car, go to an exhaust shop, or hot-up joint, and tell them what you want and ask how much $$$.
Just do it. Don't make it a never-ending story.
Went to exhaust place they either wanted to sell a whole system from extractors to exhaust tips and everything in between or said they couldn't help me

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Went to exhaust place they either wanted to sell a whole system from extractors to exhaust tips and everything in between or said they couldn't help me
So ? There seems to be a message there that you are not getting.

If you want a loud 6 that sounds good, buy an old Holden or BMW L6.

Austin Davies

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt executive
You're missing what I'm saying. It might not sound good to you but it does to me. Which means it just needs to be louder. I asked for advice to make it louder fitting my criteria in the post

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
You're missing what I'm saying. It might not sound good to you but it does to me. Which means it just needs to be louder. I asked for advice to make it louder fitting my criteria in the post
No.
Your hearing and taste in sounds are different to others. I don't know what sounds good to you, even though you have described it.

Rap music sounds **** to me,
The Rolling Stones and AC/DC are what floats my musical boat. Many, many will disagree about my preferences.

Paulymac

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline 17
totally agree Figjam went to my local repco on saturday and this clown reversed parked his V6 ute in front of the entry doors and sat there revving and idling for 5 minutes until the manager came out and told him to Fark off ,,,sounded like my grandads tractor ,,so no it didnt sound good ,,,,anyway referring to the question asked without hurting feelings ,go to a exhaust shop mate do us all a favour

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Try another exhaust shop, & keep trying different exhaust shops until you find a shop that will help you?

Status
Not open for further replies.