Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

commodores suck!

MarzVP

I now own a TARAGO!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 Tarago
I know that I was trying to be funny. Apparently I don't have a good sense of humor. LOL

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
rattattack1313 said:
loooool...people have them for effect, not because they HAVE to be able to see what is happpening under the seat/pedals......loooool.........

I figured as much, it was more about being a smartarse :p

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
Well then about the pod, that just goes too show, some cops know what their talking about and some dont.

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
yeah why would you bother taking them out they look good. but yeah to the pods, some people say they have been fined for them, but the the majority say its alright if they are shielded, i think its alright if they are shielded and not all around but eg like an air box but with no top on it, you just dont want any kind of sparks hitting it because then your up **** creek

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
deathsminion said:
They're illegal in Vic. The little yellow sticker on my windscreen told me so.

I woulda thought the yellow sticker would be for your low low low suspension.

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
On the topic of pod filters, wouldn't the setup of having an 'un-airboxed'(is that even a word? sorry, too drunk to tell..) pod filter just be sucking in all that nasty hot engine air? The way I see it is that engines like sucking in nice cold dense air and not hot air, which I guess is why a lot of ppl have CAI's sitting on top of their radiators and inside the wheel arches. Please correct me if I have no clue ;)

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
On the topic of pod filters, wouldn't the setup of having an 'un-airboxed'(is that even a word? sorry, too drunk to tell..) pod filter just be sucking in all that nasty hot engine air? The way I see it is that engines like sucking in nice cold dense air and not hot air, which I guess is why a lot of ppl have CAI's sitting on top of their radiators and inside the wheel arches. Please correct me if I have no clue

Yeh thats true.
How ever many aruge that boxing up ur pod defeats the purpose of getting rid of yer air box.
But I agree, using a pod just lets u suckin more air, so what u gain in extra air intake, u loose in the temperature of the air bein sucked in, agreed?

what i would rather do is install a K&N filter into the stick airbox, and fit a CAI or install some sort of ducting to make your home made CAI, whether its through the fender of front gaurd etc.

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
Personally, I've got a K&N filter in the stock VS 5 litre airbox with a CAI from the supercharged V6 variant. Works a treat and no hot engine air getting sucked into the intake. Probably only good for an extra Kw or 2. Has anyone here done any kind of testing to see if adding a K&N plus CAI makes any kind of realistic Kw gain?