Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Comparison of ride quality (Lovell, King, Stock)

fergo84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS
i have done my research but couldn't find any threads that discuss about the comparison of ride quality of lowered VF with stock springs/shocks.

i bought a VF SS wagon and I'm looking to lower the ride height. not looking to have it slam to the ground but just low enough to make it look better. (maybe 30mm or so)

There are too many conflicting info about the ride quality (stiffness etc) some say Lovell are smoother. Some say Kings are smoother. i just moved to Australia (WA to be specific) hence I'm not familiar with the local car modifying trends (which garage, brands etc) I've pretty much narrowed down my choices to either Lovell or Kings. Haven't decide whether to change the shocks yet. (my ride's barely a year old - so the shocks are pretty new i guess) i do know that just changing of springs can cause the stock shocks to deteriorate faster.

will appreciate if all gurus out there in providing your feedback on the different brands and setup. (price, reliability, comfort etc)
this is the first time that i own a Holden. We do not have this brand from where i came from.

lastly, if you guys can recommend:
1. where in Perth can i go to have my ride lowered.

Thanks in advance!!

6LVFSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS
I'll throw a spanner in the works n say use Pedders suspension.
They have sports Ryder springs at 35mm lower than standard.
I think they were $760 fitted.
I have them,they are not stupid low n I can get over speed bumps ok.Ride quality isn't any different to standard.

fergo84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS
I'll throw a spanner in the works n say use Pedders suspension.
They have sports Ryder springs at 35mm lower than standard.
I think they were $760 fitted.
I have them,they are not stupid low n I can get over speed bumps ok.Ride quality isn't any different to standard.

thanks for the prompt reply... i have read some bad reviews about them. Mainly their hard sell and service. so having doubts about them...

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
king springs are shite. i have had pedders springs and currently using pedders coilovers and both have been great.

VFSSVUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Commodore Ute
Hey mate im in perth and live north the river. The shop that does all the work on my car is in Wangara. He is really good and knows exactly what hes talking about. The business is called Precise Automotive and Suspensions. If you give him a call he will be able to help you out. he very good on price to.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I'll throw another spanner in the works here, it's less about brand and more about the characteristics and specifications of the spring and the shock that you match to it that counts.

Talk to a suspension expert and get a good idea of how the suspension works and what result you are looking for and take it from there.

fergo84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS
Hey mate im in perth and live north the river. The shop that does all the work on my car is in Wangara. He is really good and knows exactly what hes talking about. The business is called Precise Automotive and Suspensions. If you give him a call he will be able to help you out. he very good on price to.

Thanks mate. i'll pay them a visit soon.

Cheers!

VFSSVUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Commodore Ute
I think hes away till the end of the week mate but will be back next monday.