Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

connecting amp to ve original radio

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
Mate of mine has got himself a VE ssv and is into his stereo mods as always. He just went for a rockford fosgate 3sixty then hooked everything through that.
Rockford Fosgate® - 3SIXTY.2
easier than tryin to splice everything urself.
He just has the sub level controller mounted in the dash at the front :)

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Yeah the 3SIXTY is definitely the way to go if you can afford it (~$400). You'll still need to do the wiring ive outlined in my first post though, just change both the LOCs to the 3SIXTY ;)

zr1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Mate of mine has got himself a VE ssv and is into his stereo mods as always. He just went for a rockford fosgate 3sixty then hooked everything through that.
Rockford Fosgate® - 3SIXTY.2
easier than tryin to splice everything urself.
He just has the sub level controller mounted in the dash at the front :)

Thanks Big_Simmo, i'll check it out, does it provide better quality that the normal LOC?

holdenboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Yeah, much better quality......also has the option of iPod connectivity ;)

zr1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
can anyone help me with my amp install. Im not quite sure how to access the back of the headunit to wire in to the rear spkr outs. Ive got a ve sv6 ute and plan to run the speaker wires along the driver side of centre console. Just needing some help to get behind the plastics.. (where to pull, what to squeeze, what not to break :S)

Pics n tips would be great.. or even a link to a previous thread but i couldn't find any after days of googleing

Thanks everyone

Gday aurora,

To get behind the centre console, you first pull the “full length” plastic panel along the console down and out at the same time, then you pull the second plastic panel adjacent the head unit down and out. If you want to get the head unit out you first grab the bottom of the head unit screen/facia (below the A/C controls) and firmly pull it. The entire front facia of the head unit will come off exposing the fixing screws.
Note: I’ve got so far as to remove the front facia to expose the screws, so I can only assume if you take the screws out the head unit will slide out. I'm sure there is another thread on here with pictures but I just cant find it

hope this helps

zr1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Yeah, much better quality......also has the option of iPod connectivity ;)

Hi holdenboy, just another (potentialy dumb) question, do i need to run a cross over when running a sub?

cheers

holdenboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Yes, you need to use a Low Pass Filter / Crossover (LPF). 99% of amps have them built in, probably set to around 80-100hz but adjust it to your liking.

pdv_sv6_ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute
Hi, sorry just back in the white plug behind the golve box compartment.... I have bought a LOC from jaycar which i was going to connect on the weekend. I read through all of this thread and a few others on this site to learn what I was needing to do.. When i found the plug and had a look at it, there is actually 3 brown wires (2 connecting to the same hole in the plug, and another on the opposite side of the plug in its own hole) I am assuming its the brown wire by itself? Also, next to the brown wires were 2 grey wires in a hole together aswell. I read that the grey wire was one of the front speaker wires i need to tap into so im assuming i can use either of these?
Lastly with the remote wire, i was going to connect that to the yellow/( forget the trace).. wire ?
I have a VE SV6 ute (MY9.5) and was pretty keen on getting some bass happening as the stock system is pretty ordinary! has anyone used the pioneer slim subwoofers? i was looking at getting one of these with a 2ch amp to run it.

forrest1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Omega
This was really helpfull i followed what was said here and installed my amp and sub yesterday cheers ppl