Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Connector 4 plug calais dash loom help

cuckoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 twin Turbo
Hi have finally got a calais dash loom of sorts just the no 4 connector can anybody please give me a detailed discription of where these wires go to i have a picture of them below but totally confused there are the same coloured wires 3 green 2 black and white stipes if any body could help by the wat the only 1 i know is the yellow/black to the commputer but which plug on the commputer

Attachments

• P1010040.JPG
    P1010040.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 472

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Here is the guide I wrote myself after I put the L3 dash in my vp for no4 connector as well as the mod I had to do to the other inst connectors to get the idiot lights to work on the Calais dash
When I say where number 4 wires go to that is just their ends.You tee off that wire in most cases I think I say soldered to.
Where it says to switchblock connector this is for the mod/reset/+/- switches
In the factory book the light blue wire is put in another position on switchblock connector that is not in pos 9 in connector yb65 but pos 6 in same connector so check this part out if it applies to you

It worked fine for me...

Attachments

• dash mod.jpg
    dash mod.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 3,978
Last edited:

cuckoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 twin Turbo
thanks heaps the only difference in wires is 3=Green 9=brown/white 5=black/white any ideas on the different wires this is for a vn

cuckoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 twin Turbo
Hi Markovr just looked at the cluster 3 green wire = chime antitheft
5 black/white = ground
9 brown/white = park lamps
due these have to be joined and if so were to hope you can help thanks so far

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Thre green wire in terminal 3 of connector 4 is fed from the bcm ( in the vp book) that also feeds the engine disabled warning lamp but it wasn't in the connector when I did it
.In the diagram I made a mistake and have put the black/white in terminal 4 when it should have been 5 as you noticed.
In the vn wiring book it show a pink/black wire in terminal 9 and it is fed from the same place as terminal 1 ......again mine did not have this.

cuckoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 twin Turbo
hi thanks again so do i not bother connecting 3 chime alert and 9 parklamps as the vn did not have a bcm thanks