Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Contact dealer - no fuel gauge

slepar

omg duz it like...dose??
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
A Hey everyone,
Currently on holiday, half way there the "contact dealer" flashed up and now I have no fuel gauge.
Everything else is still working and the car seems to be running fine.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Or does anyone have any idea what this is?
Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks.

SS-Mark

Car enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SV6 Black Edition
I had this problem a few months ago.
Was on a long trip to Southern NSW via Sydney so I filled the tank completely before I headed down the Hume. Only got about 30km down the highway and "contact dealer" flashed up on the screen and fuel gauge reading empty (obviously not). Stopped at Pheasants Nest, turned car off and back on hoping the fault would clear but no luck. Went and had lunch in the shop there and when I came out about 20 mins later and started up, all seemed good as fault was gone. But, another 5 mins down the road and the fault reoccurred same as before.
Anyway, I headed to the nearest Holden dealership in Goulburn and they looked at it straight away. Car was in the workshop under 10 minutes and they brought it out to me. The service Manager told me this. The fuel tank is in 2 sections and when I "filled" it one section was full and the other wasn't, there are sensors on both sides of the tank and when they are more than 20% different to each other this fault appears. He said he'd seen this before and all they did was clear the fault (im not saying this is true, just what the Holden guy told me).
Havent had a problem with it since.