Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Contact Dealer Warning/Error Codes VE SV6 09 Auto

Gokz777

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY09.5 SV6 5sp Auto
check timing chain

Thanks Farmer - just to check

How can a timing chain issue be diagnosed? Is it by error code?
Wasn't the timing chain issue resolved in the late 07 models and a new chain released for 08+?

The car will not start at all - would this not be more of an electrical/fuel system issue rather than timing chain?

I do not want to go and spend $2000+ to fix an issue that might not actually be there. And suggesting to any mechanic that this is the issue is probably not a good idea...

Nfsve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I would try a factory air filter and MAF off another car. You said it was working until your air filter left your intake full of oil.
How did you clean your MAF / intake. You need to be careful what you spray in there as there are lots of things that can hurt O2 sensors.

Gokz777

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY09.5 SV6 5sp Auto
I would try a factory air filter and MAF off another car. You said it was working until your air filter left your intake full of oil.
How did you clean your MAF / intake. You need to be careful what you spray in there as there are lots of things that can hurt O2 sensors.

Thanks for the advice Nfsve.

I took apart the entire intake box - The MAF was cleaned with electrical contact cleaner and the oil wipe clean and left to dry. I replaced the K&N with the stock air filter. It didn't fix the issue so the O2 sensors were replaced.

I'll get the car towed tonight. Cannot for the life of me work out why it wont start.

Gokz777

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY09.5 SV6 5sp Auto
Nothing to do with the timing chain - turned out to be a faulty fuel pump, again.

After a very long drawn out repair period and having the car seen many many times by different people my bad luck turned into good luck. The car wouldn't start one morning, RACV came out and diagnosed it as issues with the fuel delivery system. Turned out the new fuel pump I had installed 8 months earlier when the car wouldn't start had failed again. A new fuel pump was installed and these errors have not returned at all.