Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Converting to Gas - any advice?

KB3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Wagon Dual Fuel HBD
LPG VYII Wagon

Just my two cents worth but I can advise about 410kms to a tank of LPG in my recently acquired VYII V6 Wagon. Or to put it another way, Sydney southern suburbs to Queenbeyan and back to Berrima before the Gas ran low. Trip cpmputer shows 11ltrs/100kms highway cycle on gas, 9.0ltrs/100kms highway cycle on petrol. Car is 4 and a half years old, apparently well maintained with 114,00 kms on the clock. And i was lucky to get it, there were tow other customers after it at the dealers when i came back from the test drive. Others may disagree, but I am very happy with the Holden by Design factory LPG setup in my wagon. Hope this helps....

sah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY-Acclaim - LPG
Just to share my experience on LPG. I have a 6 Cyl. 2003 VY - Acclaim. It's almost a year since I Converted. It is a sprint Gas system, the basic cheap Low tech system.

I get around 650km on the highway and around 450km on city driving on about 72L of LPG which i think is quite a saving on fuel costs.

Initially i had few problems of backfire etc. but that was immediately gone as soon as i changed the Leads.

Last edited:

Flat_White

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Rolls Royce "Fantom"
Just to share my experience on LPG. I have a 6 Cyl. 2003 VY - Acclaim. It's almost a year since in Converted. It is a sprint Gas system, the basic cheap Low tech system.

I get around 650km on the highway and around 450km on city driving on about 72L of LPG which i think is quite a saving on fuel costs.

Initially i had few problems of backfire etc. but that was immediately gone as soon as i changed the Leads.

Please help me, did you have flashlube installed aswell?

kolonel

Reaction score
Anyone know when the rebates stop for LPG conversions ?

Regards
kolonel

trentvy

Dodges raindrops
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy S pack
This should probably be a sticky. everry man and his dog asks about it.

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
VYsam,

Try this link and please read all 48 threads.

Flashlube