Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Converting to Gas - any advice?

jackels

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy with SS kit
Whats the brand of the LPG setup mate is it the mixer system I fitted a Impco last 2 weeks.If you can get a flashlube kit fitted to it, and also ask him to change the plugs and leads as this is important to keep good ignition and stop the backfireing as I did both of the above .

Mine is an Impco setup aswel. It seems to be doing alright so far, the power loss isnt too much. The only problem is it takes loooong cranks to start her up on cold starts, and sometimes wont even catch on the first try and have to crank it a second time for it to fire up. do you ever have this prob aswel?

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Vf SV6 Jungle Fever
ok an update on my sequantial injected LPG installation, It starts on petrol first thing in the morning then switches to LPG automatically once the eng temp reaches 45 degrees (about 2 minutes) When you stop and restart a warm engine it again starts on petrol but switches ver to LPG after 900 revs, so as soon as you drive off it switches to LPG.

I used my first tankful in 2 weeks and it took 84 litres of gas although i was told it would only take 76 litres?

I am very happy with the running and have not noticed any power difference but from the 84 litres i had only travelled 331klms giving me a fuel usage of around 25litres per 100klms!!! Yes most of my running is short trips but i did expect more than that.
I have to take it back for a check after 1000klms so i will ask them about it then.

Also happy that i got the $2000 rebate back in my bank in 4 days!

sah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY-Acclaim - LPG
i had only travelled 331klms giving me a fuel usage of around 25litres per 100klms!!! Yes most of my running is short trips but i did expect more than that.
I have to take it back for a check after 1000klms so i will ask them about it then.

331km to 84 litres is bad. I have got a cheap basic mixer type setup and i get about 450km on 75 litres if i run on peak sydney traffic and about 700 km on highways on 75 litres. Probably it is the initial setup issues. Once you get the car tuned after 1000k, it will be alright as he will retune.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
ok an update on my sequantial injected LPG installation, It starts on petrol first thing in the morning then switches to LPG automatically once the eng temp reaches 45 degrees (about 2 minutes) When you stop and restart a warm engine it again starts on petrol but switches ver to LPG after 900 revs, so as soon as you drive off it switches to LPG.

I used my first tankful in 2 weeks and it took 84 litres of gas although i was told it would only take 76 litres?

I am very happy with the running and have not noticed any power difference but from the 84 litres i had only travelled 331klms giving me a fuel usage of around 25litres per 100klms!!! Yes most of my running is short trips but i did expect more than that.

331km is really bad for 84Litres. What brand of SVI have you had installed.

I too have just had my car installed with SVI gas system. I get around 600km to about 70Litres of gas. Basically works the same way yours does. It starts on Petrol and then switches to gas once the car has warmed up. Power appears to be the same as petrol, Although I took off fairly hard the other day and it switched over to petrol when it nearly redlined.
I also was very happy that I got my rebate of $2000 back in about 4 days as well, considering that they told me that it could be about a month due to the recent bushfires.
I would certainly be getting your system checked, because that is really bad fuel consumption.

poweredbycng

Reaction score
The installers will generally tune the system rich to begin with because the regulator(s) haven't worn in yet. That is why it is COMPULSORY to take the car back to your installer after 1000-2000km.

Regards,
Dave