Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Converting VX doors to powered windows..

kouki

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
Hey Guys,
Im thinking about converting my manual vx windows to electric and wanted to know if this method could work.
Preferably all 4 doors,
but anyway could i just go about purchasing 4 new doors + trims that have electric windows from like a newer VX model.
im painting my car and new doors wouldnt hurt and could make the process easier?
I havent heard of anyone doing this before and wanted to know if anyone thinks its possible??

Cheers

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Hey Guys,
Im thinking about converting my manual vx windows to electric and wanted to know if this method could work.
Preferably all 4 doors,
but anyway could i just go about purchasing 4 new doors + trims that have electric windows from like a newer VX model.
im painting my car and new doors wouldnt hurt and could make the process easier?
I havent heard of anyone doing this before and wanted to know if anyone thinks its possible??

Cheers
Of course its possible.
I've done it to vt s1.

vx s2 should have the wiring looms all in place. Just need to add door looms, add the switches & relays?

Not sure about the bcm?
If not, only controls the auto down on the drivers door. You would have to hold the drivers down button a second or 2 longer.

kouki

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
I can see the wiring is all there, however how could I go about buying new VX doors that already have all the electric components (newer model). And just replace it with the current manual doors? I really don't know much about the whole process I gotta ask questions

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I can see the wiring is all there, however how could I go about buying new VX doors that already have all the electric components (newer model). And just replace it with the current manual doors? I really don't know much about the whole process I gotta ask questions
Call a wrecker.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
There should be a plug inside the car behind some trims for each door. Unplug that and remove the doors. Then it's a reverse when you put them back on.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Are you painting it or are you paying someone?