Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Coolant Leaking On Foot

heathvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Wagon
ok, so i just bought my vt wagon 3 days ago, was fine when i took it for the test drive, but when i picked it up the next day i started to hear some gurgling noises, i just assumed it was the aircon since the dealer said he got it regassed that morning, well the gurgling noises havent stopped, which im now assuming is air getting in the cooling system since i now have coolant dripping on my left foot while driving!...any ideas?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
It could be one of the heater hoses or pipes leaking. I would take it back to the dealer to get it fixed as you should have some sort of warranty.

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
It might be a leak in the heater core which is up inder the dash. Take it back and have it checked under while it's under warranty as replacing that is a major job and outside of warranty would cost you about $1000 to have it fixed.

-Junior-

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn auto
My money is on the heater core as well due to the connections for the hoses are on the other side of the firewall.
Was a fairly common problem, I would be taking it back to the dealer to get fixed as said it is a big job. (Recommended labour time from Holden is 8 hours plus parts)

heathvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Wagon
thanks guys, i took it back today, its booked in wednesday to get fixed

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
My first thought was the heater core as well but usually when that leaks the coolant goes down the aircon drain plug and if the drain is blocked the coolant can fill up the drip tray and leak from the side onto the carpet. Although the hose connections are on the other side of the firewall there are two pipes from the firewall to the heater core and since the coolant is dripping onto your foot it leads me to believe that one of the pipes is leaking, possibly from a soldered joint.