Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Coolant temperature Sensor

mrhotdog

What Would Jesus Do?.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S1 Acclaim
anyone wanna ship one to me lol?

Draught4me

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2
Repco at Ashford have some and they are $22

Cheers.

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
Prices

Ok I know a bit on this subject, the $100+ tag is (was) holdens price for the VS coolant temp sensor they changed it because of a flurry of complaits molsty from people who noticed that other moldels and V8 types were $17 that were made of the same components and I`d say (guess) that not all dealerships got that memo.

Now a thing to do when you get that code that won`t cost you a cent is clean the earth wire that earths on the block with a wire brush.
its located on the drivers side of the engine half way down the front on a stud clearly visible next to one of the heater hose outlets this solved my problem and I am getting great fuel economy from my GF`s VS.
hope this helps
In this link it will show the location of the two common earth wire shared by the CTS TPS and oxygen sensor on the VR buick (they stuffed up saying the pick was a VS) these are the ones responsable.
Injectronics Automotive Electronics Parts Melbourne Australia - 40) Oxygen Sensors (VS V6 Commodore)

Last edited: