Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Coop's White VN 5-speed

moodybluebob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore.
update update update!

It's been a while since i've posted on here, and i few things have change.

Sound system was completed with a JVC headunit with iPod connectivity etc. I blew up my old clarion amp, which caused a small fire in my car. Got another amp on warranty and just screwed it down to a thin piece of wood which is placed on the floor under the carpet. Currently in the process of making up a false floor to hide it, cause I have putting my golf clubs and bike parts in the boot with all those wires :(

P8050555edit.jpg

P8050541edit.jpg

Later down the track i installed a 2" tacho because it's fully sick to see redline brap brap brap.
Totally joking, It was a toss up between a level 2 dash from the wreckers that looked like ass and probably didn't work or a simple and clean tacho that would work. I like my choice :)

P8050550edit.jpg

Exhaust system was next on the cards. A bit thanks to Wacol Muffler & brakes shop for making and installing the system. It's a 2.5" cat-back with a single super cat muffler. Has a nice tone, growls from 2'5k upwards and has little to no drone on highways. Minttt!

P5030068edit.jpg

P8270566edit.jpg

I also debagged the ass end, hoping to get it as well as the roof resprayed cause all the paint is starting to crack and peel :(

Just today i installed an LED light in my rear plate light.

P8270589edit.jpg

Anddd gave my dash lights a make-over. It looks alright as night, not as bright as stock but it's different from factory so im pretty happy with it. The picture shows it as a purple, but they're blue LED's, probs the green mixing in.

P8270583edit.jpg

Thought i'd throw up some shots of the car as it sits today as well.
MONSTAAAA TRUCKENNN

P8270561edit.jpg

P8270560edit.jpg

P8270564edit.jpg

P8050553edit.jpg

It's in need of some superlows all round, so that's getting done when tax comes in, and when i save up a bit more cash. IGA wages just dont cut it :((

Thanks for looking guys!

moodybluebob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore.
update time.

few things have changed.

Got it lowered for $50 all up, i (L) wacol wreckers. rears scrub on the wheel well going up a mates driveway, and i scrape most speedbumps, woo!

Painted my rear garnish white, still dont know if i like it white or grey, time will tell.

LEd conversion throughout, blue dash, led interior light and numberplate night.

OTR super6 CAI. Sweet fa difference, looks cool though, still need to get pics.

VQ Stato rear seat, did the side bolster mod, looking pretty smick, just need some comfy front seats now and then interior is complete.

leather SCA gear boot replaced the poxxy rubber one the VN came with.

False floor installed to hide my sub, just looking to upgrade my system to two 12" subs now, get that boot shaking.

I think that's it, more pics will come, just gotta upload them off the new camera.

Thanks for looking ;)

Edit:

While im here, chasers all round, yay or nay?

5319533723_dd908f25c1_b.jpg

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 exec, big pajero, 5speed vn v6 play car
This is a great looking vn mate, just read your whole thread and you have done a good job. I would love a base like this to start off a street project. Personally I would stick to your mags, chasers are good for burnout comps and cheap rims for a race car, other wise they just look like a hoon wheel, but thats only my opinion. Chuck up a pic or two of it with both mags on sitting that height :)

moodybluebob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore.
This is a great looking vn mate, just read your whole thread and you have done a good job. I would love a base like this to start off a street project. Personally I would stick to your mags, chasers are good for burnout comps and cheap rims for a race car, other wise they just look like a hoon wheel, but thats only my opinion. Chuck up a pic or two of it with both mags on sitting that height :)

Thanks man. Yeah it's pretty clean for its age, just need a respray on the roof and boot, and just general touch ups. Yeah i like my mags, was just seeing how it looked.

I wish it was always at that height, it was on a funny angle so one side was low as and the other was really high, really need to find some superlows for the rear but i need to find shocks first!

Thanks heaps mate.

moodybluebob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore.
Pretty sick update:

In this stupid, stupid rain my V8 driving experience got cancelled so i was pretty bummed. Thought id cheer myself up with a weekly wreckers run. Hopped over to wacol wreckers, was still raining but i went in, Found a nice blue VT, to my suprise it still had seats in it.

30 coin later i now have some new front seats. :) Only problem is that when i was fitting the seats i knocked out the back adjuster cog/spring, so the seats wont recline. Is there any way to get it back in? i spent about 2 hours swearing and throwing things wondering how to get the bastard back in!

Anyway, the seats are a little bit wet, they smell and in need of a good clean, but at least they have no rips :) and the map pockets are still intact. Since they dont match the rear seat colour wise im leaving my throwovers on them, or ill buy some new HSV throwovers as these are a bit faded. Still pretty stoked that i got these seats for soo cheap.

picssssssssssssssssssssss

5342621132_9b0ce77cc8_b.jpg

5342620916_18e7b344b8_b.jpg

5342620972_d6c3212866_b.jpg

pic of OTR CAI installed, been in for a while, little whistle but that's about it.

5342621054_8db57d4123_b.jpg

and another pic of the car.

5342010873_2532291d57_b.jpg

Next is personalised plates i think, Looking at either [300PER] or [CPR311] or even [380OVN] ;)

moodybluebob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore.
Just some more pics.

Nice gear boot.
5348092789_2eb11e61d9_b.jpg

Dash.
5348703480_e688d1e421_b.jpg

Stato rear seat (L)
5348703560_6a39dd50c2_b.jpg

Just wondering fopr anyone that knows. How much is it to get seats retrimmed? I'm pretty keen on tanned leather or velour.

moodybluebob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore.
pretty sweet update. Got new rims, king sinners; brand new rubber too. (Y).

More pics in the first post.

5377647844_3910d5f1bf_b.jpg

5377047955_ea8cf4f7d5_b.jpg

moodybluebob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore.
just got some pics from the flood charity cruise at QR yesterday.

5417545819_e1c7972327_b.jpg

5418152094_319681f33b_b.jpg

and just after racing my mate and some random bloke.

5417546733_548436395a_b.jpg

bj42turbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Executive
Looks good, I much prefer the multi spoke wheels over those black shadow chromes rims.................Might have been mentioned already, but may be worth while color coding the rocker panel..

Dazz