Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cops!!!

albert5268

Texas Hacksaw Massacre
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII LS1 6 spd
A cop from a nearby town here got done for harassment after he pulled some P platers over 4 times in one night and 3 times the next without charging them for anything or giving them a fine. He didn't go through their car just pull them over, bretho, check tyres etc.

VLDavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
lc torana. vn v8. ke30.mazda 1300.
i wish cops would get on with dealing with real crime like rape/murder etc rather then just patroling the roads and dealing out fines and defects to make money

there are many different types of police..each with a different job to do
traffic cops are just doing there job.. dont want defects dont have a defective car..
dont want a fine dont speed or dont do anything wrong ..

as i said before got nothing to hide then u shouldnt have a problem with it

excalibur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS

the annoyence factor makes it a problem though being pulled over everytime u go out will start to annoy the most placid person around

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
there are many different types of police..each with a different job to do
traffic cops are just doing there job.. dont want defects dont have a defective car..
dont want a fine dont speed or dont do anything wrong ..

i don't think it's a case of different cops for different jobs(i'm making an assumption here because here in NZ we have a single police department that covers all levels of policing, we don't have a specific traffic unit except for the motorway unit but they stick to the motorways mostly), it's how they make the best use of resources. this guy is being pulled over for what seems like no reason, if(going on info supplied by original thread poster) he has never been fined or arrested or being defected then it's plain and simple police harrasement and bad management of police resources

pr0n

It's A Me ' MARIO '
Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY II S V6
the only reason we go driving that time of night is because thats when my mates finish work ( shift work) and its the only time we have to hang out, also they said to us if we continue to drive arround at this time of night we will get pulled up, nothing sused about the car its stock atm no mods, and it happens in every car we drive VP,VS, XF Station Wagon, Holden barina 85', suzuki seria 4wd,ford fairmont, i really just think they have nothing better to do at night, and for over a week now every night we get pulled up without fail, and sometimes we will just be drivin and see a cop coming in the oppisite direction and were like 10 bucks we weill get pulled up like 2 seconds later they turn arround follow u for like 100mtrs then flash there lights.and they always pat us down, check glove box,centre console, and ask us to leave our wallets in our pockets to they can take them out, then they go though it, look at cards, pockets,money. then say your right to go, its just weird, im thinking about making a complaint.

satos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Unfortunately, some police officers especially junior ones the power goes to their head.Like some people said make a complaint in writing but then it might turn against you and they might harass you more.It happened to a mate of mine years ago and when he made a complaint, then shifted suburbs the coppers in the new suburb took over from where the old coppers left off.

VLDavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
lc torana. vn v8. ke30.mazda 1300.
is it the same police officer time and time again or different ones each time

Just_Ice

Reaction score
I guess the full story is not being told here. Surely........

Like said if you have a problem with police, go through the right channels.

Many good drug arrests and stolen property arrests coming from traffic stops, criminals drive cars aswell.. Traffic stops could lead to murderers, people who commit burglaries..

Imagine if a Police Officer pulled over someone who had just broken into your house and didn't search the car, maybe your mums expensive watch may be in the glove box (then you would be whinging they weren't doing their job) ... Who knows is the big factor.

Its called pro-active Policing....

Policing is really a thankless job

Last edited:

Low_VX_Taxi

Blanned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blundstone boots
If you truly believe you are being treated in an unfair manner or being harrased by a certain officer(s) do the below:

Step 1: request (politely) for the policeman/womans badge number and station (also address), make note of the time of the incident (sms it to a mate if you don't have any paper)

Step 2: After the incident happens go to said Police station and at the front desk request to make a complaint, they take every complaint against an officer VERY seriously so make sure you are exact with your statement and don't lie or embellish.

Il repeat don't lie or embellish..... they will find out the truth and you will get in serious **** for it.....

mar-d-mac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 Clubsport
the police can not search your wallet or your pockets without a reasonable reason or warrent to search
when you get out of the car lock it
yes this will **** them off and cause you trouble but stand your ground
ask for a sargent to be present
and the reason why
the only info you need to give is name and address no other persoanl info needed and thye cant go into your wallet

then they'll inspect the vehicle under VSR or ADR's and then you have to comply with an inspection by unlocking it....either way ur screwed, because it's an offence to obstruct an officer