Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

count down started

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marty's_SV6

I beleive another extra option that will be on the new HSV's is the hydraulic controlled suspension.
From what I have heard this is a major jump in suspension technology and control.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
yeah i heard about that as well. didnt the vy gts have some adjustable suspension thing aswell

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
if i had the money spare i wouldnt think twice about getting on. if its just a few bits of plastic, then id still be satisfied.

M

Marty's_SV6

naf33n said:
yeah i heard about that as well. didnt the vy gts have some adjustable suspension thing aswell

I believe this is something totally different.
The suspension setup will be similar to something they have in the Corvette.
They have designed the suspension with this in mind so don't be too surprised when this setup becomes available in the Commodore in a few years time.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Its what aussie kids aspire to owning (mostly) and its not an unrealistic dream to have like say a ferrari or porsche. Also is a limited edition and is very collectable as well as being a complete package that is track ready if thats your type of thing (track days). Hsv have done all the suspension and power tweaks for you so you get increased handling over the normal model and better power and torque spread and figures. And a more performance friendly warranty ( I would hope so anyway)

I just want one.

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
Speak for yourself...

My favourite Ferrari of all time is the 1988 328 GTS, red of course. I said I would own one by the time I'm 30... And I mean it!

I also said when I was 17 (the year the VT was released) that I would own a VT before I was 21. My family and friends laughed but then I owned one outright when I was 20 :D

http://www.users.on.net/~kn079/VT_2.jpg

Only you can determine how realistic your dreams are...

Rombles

HSVDT #1
Reaction score
Website
rombles.msn.space.com
Members Ride
HSVDT Limited Ed'n Z Series Clubsport #8-6.0L/M6
And how close are you to your Ferrari dream?
Like ucwepn said, a VT is much less of an "unrealistic dream" than a Ferrari.
If you achieve it, though, then I will take my hat off to you.

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
Rombles said:
And how close are you to your Ferrari dream?
Like ucwepn said, a VT is much less of an "unrealistic dream" than a Ferrari.
If you achieve it, though, then I will take my hat off to you.

Depends on priorities. I have two investment properties... If I sold one, I could buy a 1988 Ferrari 328 GTS outright for about $80,000 with the capital gain I would make. However, my priority at the moment is to get a few more properties using the equity in them first, then the Ferrari will come... :D

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
ferraris can be pretty cheap to buy, even less than a new HSV in many cases. whether they're cheaper to run is another question.... in their defence, i've heard anecdotal evidence HSVs are not the most reliable of vehicles either.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
ferraris can be cheap but they also slow. (compared to any decent sports car). according to supercars.net the 1986 328 GTS only has 193.9 kw / 260 bhp @ 7000 rpm, and weights 1438 kg / 3170 lbs. 0 - 60 mph 6.0 seconds.
its got a nice badge though

oh and i owned my lancer($12000) when i was 16 and i owned my sv6 when i was 18

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.