Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Couple Gemini's

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Heres our lil collection we have atm LOL, misus is in a lil gemini club (gemsWA) hense the reason we have a few more and i have started enjoying working on these so we have just bought 2 others over the past month pretty much 2 get back on the road/fix up and re sell and try do as much work on them ourselves 2 save costs.

Misus 84 TG Gem with a 2L g200 and stage 3 cam (even has rare A/C LOL)
2012-10-28-213.jpg

2012-10-28-215.jpg

yes engine block and gear box is also pink LOL
2012-10-28-211.jpg

2012-10-28-216.jpg

82 TF Gem

Bought this lil gem 4 $400 unlicenced and yellow sticker. Got a yellow 4 bald tyres and oil leaks and has been sitting since feb this year. wouldnt start at the time which is y we got it 4 a good price. Has been re sprayed a while ago but is still in pretty good nick. Interior is near close 2 being imacculate specially the seats ect.....

Got her started wen we got her home and fired up straight away all it was,was a blown fusable link in which i think was caused by the ugly moster tacho install, all was hooked up 2 the same power feed as the fuel pump + the cd player which had a blown fuse also. ran new seperate wiring, disconnected the moster tacho as its going in the bin lol and all has been fine since.

body is dead straight, hardly any rust appart from 2 sections, rear windscreen between boot and lid and on the top of the drivers door the size of a 50 cent peice.

Things we have fixed up so far:
Secure CD player and re wire.
Re wire electric fuel pump, was running on accessories wire and not igniton :S found a kill switch installed on it while tracing the ignition wire, lucky we found it tho could have been a disaster if it was on at the time haha.
Re paint front grill.
New rear section exhaust with hotdog after diff so it passes pits.
New front indicator lenses (old ones were cracked up)
2nd hand Battery clamp from TC
re paint dash pasts black as they were lime green b4 :S
degrease under carriage + motor 2 find oil leaks. turns out there r no leaks wat so ever must of had bad leaks previously and owner never cleaned the under carrage so it looked bad haha bonus 4 us.

Things still 2 do:
re paint drivers front fender 2 match car
cut rust out of rear screen between boot and screen. water leaks into boot so must b done but doesnt look like a big job
find rear springs, 1 spring has been cut while the other isnt :S who does that?
find better stone gaurd and mayb paint if needed.
take over pits.

2012-09-26-157.jpg

2012-09-26-159.jpg

2012-10-18-187.jpg

2012-10-18-189.jpg

2012-10-18-186.jpg

Anything heavier and i dont think the VT would have been able 2 tow it hahaha
2012-09-26-154.jpg

Ooo so close
2012-09-26-156.jpg

77 TC Gem

Bought this 1 actually 4 a guy at work he wanted the blue TF gem but coz its manual his wife didnt want it so thought we would go find an auto 1 4 her. paid $1100 licenced 4 this 1 tho i think we may have gotten this 1 a lil less if i had of tried harder was asking 4 $1300 but i think we could have gotten down 2 $1000 mayb $900 but didnt think they would of budged on price at the time.

No rust wat so ever but does need some sorter paint job as some1 has tried 2 do the matt black finish with spray cans lol so as u can see looks a lil dodgy. runs fine tho we had a sticky thermostat in it which was giving the previous owner troubles with the coolent always spitting out of the over flow pipe. found there was a leaking and blocked heater core in the cabin. needs new front seats as old ones r cracked up, found cd player in boot amongst alot of other products 4 the car so that was a bonus. needs washer jets as old ones have fallen appart and just a general tidy up and good clean.

2012-10-18-183.jpg

2012-10-18-184.jpg

Last edited:

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
I have had my far share of gemini sedans myself, kick myself for everyone I sold.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
i have heard this alot from past owners ay hahaha.

TC update

have mounted the CD player in the hole in the console that was cut out from previous owner, assuming thats y it was cut?, looks out of place but its in and needs some of the CD player hidden as it sticks out a fair bit due 2 the heater box behind (didnt wanna destroy the AM radio surround so keeping it all factory looking there).

Heater core has been replaced. couldnt get this 1 repaired so it had 2 b made new from scratch $190 later it now has heat and no leaks :) also had the radiator flushed 4 nothing apparently it was about 50% blocked and is now around 20% which is good enough 2 keep using.

apon fittin the cd player and heater core i found the fresh and REC cable has snapped so im in the process of pulling the dash out while i have one being sent on the way 4 it along with washer jets and that missing sunvisor.

have also bought a set of TX seats in blue (need 2 swap the TC rails over so they fit) will get some pics soon after i give them a clean up they have been sitting outside 4 a bit so need some softer fabric softner put on them. only cost $10 4 the whole set haha no rips or tears or even much colour fade so i think i scored a bargin there :p

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
TF update

not much really here yet but picked up some rear springs $10 also so will put them in and thats 1 more step closer 4 it 2 b ready 4 pits.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Misus 84 TG Gem with a 2L g200 and stage 3 cam (even has rare A/C LOL)
2012-10-28-213.jpg

Spotted this this arvo, Great Eastern Hwy, Tonkin Hwy then turning off at Collier Rd. Noisy little bugger with some agressive lane changing lol.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
bahaha that sounds like the misus shes a bit of a lead foot and thinks she owns the road somtimes :p think its got somthing 2 do with her old man being an ex speed way driver haha.

Update on TC

replaced the fresh and REC cable that had snapped so everything now works as it should.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
God the memories, and you know what they say.... Gemini's always come in pairs. :)

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
Update on TC

been a lil busy plugging away 2 get this car done up 2 scratch and im almost there.

fixed the oil leak turns out it was just the rubber moon shapped bung in the head that just needed some gasket goo 2 re seal it, also fitted a new rover cover gasket as the old 1 was pretty crappy and may have been leaking some oil too.

repainted the roker cover, air cleaner and exhaust manifold just 2 make the bay look a bit cleaner. b4 all these parts were either rusty, paint peeling badly or both, most that have seen geminis would have seen this alot haha.

2012-11-17-233.jpg

fitted coolent reservoir as previous owner had the wrong cap 4 the raditator on it last night
2012-11-24-254.jpg

heres some pics of the previous work i did also
front seats
2012-11-17-236.jpg

rear seats
2012-11-17-237.jpg

heater core
2012-11-17-242.jpg

cd player
2012-11-17-240.jpg

bought some rims $20 4 it and just had some tyres fitted as they were all bald wen i bought them $210 later, has a good lookin stance i think now. shame it doesnt have the centre caps but might b able 2 find some somwhere?
2012-11-23-250.jpg

2012-11-23-251.jpg

things left 2 do now:

try fix cracks in dash
chanage diff oil (forgot about this)
flush brake fluid
check all suspension bushes ect....

Last edited:

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
Haven't posted in here 4 a while but just an update on the TF gem, its been sold at the start of the year 4 $2600 which we were impressed with as we only spent a total of just over $1000 2 get it where it needed 2 b 4 resale and the bulk of that was all on panel paint and repairs on rust on the back window and in front of the drivers mirror.

heres a few extra photos we took b4 it left and during some work progess.

misus lancer rims went on it, painted the front grill myself with custom made colour 2 match acrylic spray cans. added grill badge and painted that also.

put in some reverse tail lenses 2 pass pits

made a parcel shelf 4 it as it had nothing there b4.

nice clean rest free boot (rare 2 find these in gems now) treated it still with some rust prevention stuff

couldn't find the b4 engine bay photo but this is after a clean and added the original air cleaner 4 pit inspection, also added over flow bottle

the rust repairs back window

rust in front of mirror

colour matching the fender

Oh rear hot dog was fitted also 2 pass pits and now it got plates on :) ready 4 resale

all work was done ourselves apart from panel and paint and rust repairs so we saved a lot here.