Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cracked drivers seat trim on VE Berlina

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
My Dad has a MY08 VE Berlina, recently he's noticed that the plastic trim on the side of the driver's seat is cracked, as can be seen in the attached photo. Just wondering, is this a common issue with these seats? I checked the trim on the side of the passenger's seat, and its fine, although the passenger's seat is obviously not used as much as the driver's seat. Just wondering, is this a common issue with these seats? The car's due for its 60,000k service anyway, so if its a common issue, I'll remind Dad to have a word to the dealer about it.

Attachments

• seat.jpg
    seat.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 5,573

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
Holy **** that is an exact carbon copy of my 07 sv6 drivers seat....id say its a common issue man mines done around the 60,000 mark too

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Both my VE's have that trim fall off/crack. My silver car had it like that from new. It just sits there out of the way - I haven't worried about it.

Reaper

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
had my passenger one replaced on xmas eve under warranty had a slight crack in it and the front clip broke-cant complain about the dealer for fitting me in on xmas eve and fitting it without an excuse for not fixing it.

canadakid111

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Thanks for this post. I went and checked my 08 Berlina and sure enough on the drivers seat I've got the exact same split in the plastic. I'll get it fixed at the next sevice.

stlg8

Reaction score
Members Ride
G8 GT
I've heard of similar problems here in the States.
So far mine is in good shape.

Last edited:

yeeaah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
AND yeah without a doubt, my 07 VE Berlina has the same problem, not worried about it though, and i just clocked over 100,000kms so i am just out of warrenty..

boneart

Reaction score
Website
www.boneart.co.nz
Members Ride
VFII SS-V Redline
Had the driver side seat trim crack on my 07 SSV
Forgot to mention it when in for a service but the dealer noticed it and replaced it under warrantee.
Nice surprise from a dealer for once.