Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Crashed....

Claudy

French Com
Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual Gen3 VT SS + V6 VT manual turbo
make you feel better

hey man sorry to hear bout ur VN but dont worry ur better off than i am !! lol
heres a few pics of wat happens when you swerve to miss a car in the wet and confront a pole.....$4500 to fix:(
good luck with fixing yours, im not gonna bother, sellin all the parts off of it and gettin a VN calais probably this arvo.

Last edited:

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
hey guys jeez that panhard rod is bent!... i havt got any pics yet but a couple of weeks ago i was in my old mans 05 hilux and i ran up the ass of a 6 week old ford territry ghia turbo! the owner was not impressed, lucky i was insured it cost me 2 grand in excess coz im only 19 and still on my green p's... only got 4 months till i get my opens too, also got a $308 fine for neg driving

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
yeah the blue oval just screams "BREAK ME!"

bad benny

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive
Did similar to my vp years ago. More forward direction but, and put the left side wheel against the firewall.

Where abouts are you Mack. If in brisbane I have a vn wreck you can have some parts off really cheap if you need em. Has a fairly new steering rack on it.

I got to agree with Hozy. That struts stub will be bent. At $50 off a wrecker (probably cheaper) you should replace it. If your panhard rods bent check where it mounts to the body. My body was bent good here. With some effort we bashed and levered it back out close to straight. Wheel allignement guy says it alligns fine.

Good luck

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
Yeah, my mount for the panhard is slightly bent, I can fix that, well I fitted another on how it is and it goes on fine. I dont think there was any bendage to the strut stub because my lower controll arm look all the bending, its crumpled. Ive got a 2nd hand steering rack with new rackends and tie rods etc etc. So all I need to do is put her all back together now. BTW im in hervey bay qld, about 3 hours north of you.

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
i find mitshibishi's say SMASH ME, the badge is like a target

ive backed into a magna, had one hit me, one hit my mate aswell and recently had a mirage run up his rear end @ 75km/h in a 60 zone with no evidence of braking... he was in a 87 toyota corolla sedan (HOT CAR, 5 speed.. lol)

shoulda seen that thing...

that panhard rod looks like my old one after my smash except worse..
but damn thats a big smash i was lucky enough to roll kinda up the enbankment

i should grab the part number for the short monroe shocks ive got in mine...
im sittin on ultra lows with short shocks and a ajustable panhard rod all with nolathane bushes, converting the sway bar ones now..the spring taps fine even with the wheels off the ground... i saw a ford last night that had super lows and cut 3 coils off..... but yeah gonna grind that bastard off tommorrow so ill get the monroe part number for you so you can see if it is shortened