Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cross over?

`daj0pe

Reaction score
hey all!!

i'm wanting to put 2 12" subs, and 2 10" subs in my boot..
However, i don't want these to cross the same frequencies cause its sounds crap... is it easy to make a band pass/band stop device that will help me?
:wax:

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
rather expensive, and also i would be going for a 24db x-over. probably better to use an active cross over to direct the right signals to the right amps.
but why do you want to mix 10s and 12s? seems kind of pointless really. the frequency ranges of each are rather close.

`daj0pe

Reaction score
yeh i was thinking a 15.. but i've got the perception of them beeing sluggy, and not responsive.. i was going the 10's for awesome response, and the 12s for bass....

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
12's setup properly can be almost as responsive as 10's. Provided they are good quality subs and you get the size of the box right.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Yeah, 10's and 12's together is pointless unless it's a show car trying to promote different subs. Design the box for the 12's to be a little more "punchy" OR design the box for the 10's to have more output than normal.