Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Crossover installation for SV6 VZ Commodore

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
My VX was piss easy. Open door fully, hook wire to tip of some small slightly bend stick/pole/something, poke wire through. If you find it a bit hard, detach the rubber at the door, bunch it up, poke through to inner door, and reattach the rubber. If it takes more than 2 minutes than your doing it drunk.

My crossover are in the dash so only had to poke one set of wires through. No way was I trusting those tiny thin factory wires with 125wrms.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Another easy way to run the wiring is to find the factory wiring, then cut it, tie the new wiring to it and pull the new wiring through, then cut all the old wiring out.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Another easy way to run the wiring is to find the factory wiring, then cut it, tie the new wiring to it and pull the new wiring through, then cut all the old wiring out.

HAHA, bugger I wish I thought of that. Oh well.

Live and learn. Like the time I was trying to drill my amp to the boot floor. Drill dropped and drilled straight through the side-wall of my $300 spare. Bugger. I learnt to do that with the panel out of the car.

SV6_Freak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 Sedan
Thanks so much for your help. I think I will run the new wiring then. I guess once it is done will be easy the next time...lol. Yeah drilling the wrong thing would really be bad. :p

Thanks again guys