Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CRUISE CONTROL PROBLEM VT CLUBSPORT series 1

BOOTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SERIES 1 CLUBSPORT
Hi all,
Have a slight problem with cruise control... you can turn on cruise & set speed required , all good for some distance then for no reason it shuts down , that is ALL cruise lights on dash go off.. no more cruise control!!
It will not turn on again until 5= 10 mins later then we go through the process of reset again only to have problem happen down the road again!
Yes all brake lights working fine no trailer lights plugs etc, no wiring mods all Original as from the day it was made only done 89000 KLM gets hardly driven.
No head light issues or any other electrical problems.
Any ideas before trip to Holden Service crew?

series1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt acclaim
yeah mate had the same problem mine, EXCEPT it kept on blowin the fuse ,found out that the cruise and power mirrors run off the fuse link had a short in mirror switch ,disconnected switch problem solved as they do they make it hard to disconnect u have to take door panel off to get to it...... hope that helps

BOOTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SERIES 1 CLUBSPORT
Thanks for that, haven't had any fuses blown have checked all fuses.. i mean all of them fitted to the car all good have disconnected battery for 30 mins also today to reset computer see if that does anything so will see what it does on its next trip out!
Might just check mirror connection see if all good in that department though.
Cheers....

sammond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Supercharged V6
Hi BOOTS,

Have you had any luck sorting out the cruise control problem? I have the same issue and can't seem to find any consistent situations that trigger it. Very random!

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
The CC cut out switch on the brake pedal (or clutch, if a manual) may be faulty, causing it to switch off.
A bit of vibration or a bump in the road and off she goes.

BOOTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SERIES 1 CLUBSPORT
Hi Guys
as yet still not tracked problem down .. only drive the Clubsport on rare occasions , some times gives no problem , i am tending to the theory of Nut Kracker that the switch on the clutch pedal may be faulty as where i live the roads aren't the best out this way.
You would think though once it turns it self off ..no lights show cruise or active light it would be just hit switch & re-start but no some times it cannot be turned on until 20k down the road.
At the moment i just put up with it but will look at replacing switch.