Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

"Custom chrome exhaust trumpets"

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
well looking at what we have and know now, every commercial from that era seems like a joke! haha

and i heard something like up until VK SL a tape deck AM/FM radio was optioned lol

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
well looking at what we have and know now, every commercial from that era seems like a joke! haha

and i heard something like up until VK SL a tape deck AM/FM radio was optioned lol

yeah the SL/E and maybe the SL/X had AM/FM & cassette.
A radio was optional on a VH SS!

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Wonder what today's standard features and options along with the marketing will look like in 30 years time.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
I was watching an ad for a Subaru last night and was thinking that the focus these days seems to be more on the electronic gadgetry and how many cup holders rather than the actual engine specs, fuel economy etc

All they talked about on this ad was the fancy multi-function LCD screen & Ipod connectivity.... Ipod connectivity is a great basis to buy a car!
Times certainly have changed....

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Wonder what today's standard features and options along with the marketing will look like in 30 years time.

Well all you have to do is watch an episode of pimp my ride and you can see how outdating the audio and electrical gear they had only 5-6 years ago is already, I reckon it"ll be hilareous in 30 years to look back at ads today, stuff like "built in gps" people would be like..."pfftt what did they do before that?" ..."they had maps"..."what like on paper?....pfffft"

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I was watching an ad for a Subaru last night and was thinking that the focus these days seems to be more on the electronic gadgetry and how many cup holders rather than the actual engine specs, fuel economy etc

All they talked about on this ad was the fancy multi-function LCD screen & Ipod connectivity.... Ipod connectivity is a great basis to buy a car!

Times certainly have changed....

When I was selling cars I had people base their decision on exactly that.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
When I was selling cars I had people base their decision on exactly that.

People are sheep, thats why I got the car I wanted...then put my Ipod compatible head unit in it lol, instead of buying a car for the headunit and then putting up with the car built around it.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
...I reckon it"ll be hilareous in 30 years to look back at ads today, stuff like "built in gps" people would be like..."pfftt what did they do before that?" ..."they had maps"..."what like on paper?....pfffft"

I still use maps on paper and read road signs (not relying on some inaccurate computerised voice)...analogue style FTW !!