Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Custom Dash

ViperVp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
they both look awesome, can wait to do mine.
*Cracks open a bottle of jim bean*

R

rattattack1313

clear paper

hey man..there is several types of clear stuff to print on available these days.... we get this clear stuff we print onto, then stick it under the old overhead projector, and there is the image, ready for me wife to pencil in, then paint..... ut its tough as stuff, the clear stuff...get it from OfficeWorks, and places like that.....

Jeff

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE 4.2
Two products I have found handy for this sort of thing;
-CELCAST PERMANENT PAPER PHOTOCOPIER FILM. Looks and feels like paper but can't tear it and is not affected by water. Doesn't print well in an inkjet but laser printer should be OK, or photocopy.
-CELCAST ST400 ADHESIVE FILM PHOTOCOPIER FILM. Clear sheet (looks just like contact film) with peel off backing and adhesive back. comes up really good on a light surface. I did some stickers for the tailgate of my tonner with red toner in the photocopier and you can't see the film. just the red bits. Still haven't faded or deteriorated in the weather yet after 3 months. Worked well too for labelling some spare dash indicator lights for other uses -between light and front cover and label only shows when light comes on, just like other lights (this is in HZ Holden).
Jeff

StealthX

Reaction score
Website
www.stealth.nismo.org
Members Ride
HSV VX Clubsport.
Wow completly forgot about projector paper.. hah always done my presentations either through Flash or Powerpoint :p the "clear sticky sh**" sounds good will have to check it out. or send it into Emtech & get them to make it .. how made would it be to have a EL Holden logo like hakhawks :yeah:

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
now that would be awesome. query sent to emtech as we speak. i might go to a print place next week and see what they can do. oh, and stealthx, could you please either send me your latest design, or re upload it, because i cant view it, comes up as an invalid attatchment. does it do this to anyone else?

StealthX

Reaction score
Website
www.stealth.nismo.org
Members Ride
HSV VX Clubsport.
I just realised that those origanal image's AirStrike posted are 100% in size i measured it up when going to print they should be the correct size just the matter of taking your time to cut it up and fit it on seperate sheets of paper because it is too large for 1 A4.

And yeah sorry Hakhawk will try uploading it again.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
cool, thanks. i got a quote back from emtech, they wanted $295 for the EL with $25 extra per word or pic, or $70 extra to do the whole face. i think i will hit up a few print places, signwriters maybe.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
ok guys, i know it has been quite a while, but i found a guy on ebay that sells white guages for commodores and other vehicles. he reckons he can do custom designs too. here is the link to the vn - vs ones: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6775&item=7975511021
he can do different coloured backlights, as opposed to stock green. im gonna ask him a few questions about them, and see what happens. i think $70 with free postage is pretty good if they come out alright.

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
changing the backlightin on your dash is probably the easiest mod to make on ur dash...

the dash lights are mounted on the back of the cluster (just sittin in there ya dont have to pull a thing apart) and there the identical globe to your PARKERS!! lol which come in all sorts of pretty colours.. Autobarn sell em for $9.99 for 2 globes (you'll need two sets)

i modded my vn level 2 cluster to blue light and it looks a fkn treat.. msg me if you want a photo of the blue dash so ya can see what it looks like before spending your 20 bucks