Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Custom made king springs?

ccw90

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 Commodore Sv6 Ute
heres a picture of how low it is now

Attachments

• 4605_1082617232722_1445077533_30273654_4066693_n.jpg
    4605_1082617232722_1445077533_30273654_4066693_n.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 386

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
are you just looking to now lower the front a bit more?

someone correct me if i'm wrong, but should it not be a bit lower than that on ultra lows?

curious, are you slapping the bump stops much whilst regular driving? also, i'm not sure what the legal requirements are for travel to bump stops from ride height, but that'd be a consideration if you go lower again...

me> blah blah blah.. :whistling

392RWkwSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
chuck 22's on it. they will fill out the arches and give the appearence of the car being lower.
you want to tuck some rim in the front dont you? bigger wheels will do this quicker than going with lower springs.
in saying that it does look a bit high in the front end go and get that checked out.
i would recommend going for coil over springs though, much better and they are adjustable.

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
Not if done correctly. But then again, after so many k's and time, springs sag anyway.

There is no such thing as properly, there is only one way to do it, they get heated up, spring compressor are attached and they are cooled down, thats the only way, it compromised the strength of the steel quite a bit. It saying that, I have not heard of someone breaking one yet.

Also I think it looks good how you have it now. If you always have loads in the back, it practical and it will sag quicker.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
There is no such thing as properly, there is only one way to do it, they get heated up, spring compressor are attached and they are cooled down, thats the only way, it compromised the strength of the steel quite a bit. It saying that, I have not heard of someone breaking one yet.

Also I think it looks good how you have it now. If you always have loads in the back, it practical and it will sag quicker.

Why - just re-temper the steel and it should be as good as new. Thats how they do the springs in the first place.

Reaper

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
Yeah but most if not all suspensions places are fitters only and dont go to that extent, not any that I have heard of. A lot of the workers at these places wouldn't even know that the strength is compromised.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Spring manufacturers do it properly, yes they heat the steel. The spring is put into a kiln, it is heated evenly to the correct temperature then it is compressed to the desired height and then retempered.

The same way they make springs in the first place.