Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Custom Number plates

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Hi People,

As my project is nearing completion I have been putting some thought to potential number plates for my car.

Not really after suggestions on plates or examples of your plates but how people have come to choosing their plates for their cars

cheers
Scott

Bubba

Feel Good Inc.
Reaction score
Members Ride
fully sick push bike!
things just sometimes pop into your head, people mostly come up with ideas from what type or model of car they have and alot of plates are trying to boast much power a car might have

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
vkberlina said:
Hi People,

As my project is nearing completion I have been putting some thought to potential number plates for my car.

Not really after suggestions on plates or examples of your plates but how people have come to choosing their plates for their cars

cheers
Scott
I decided on SUBDUE - Meaning of overpower with superior force. I think it looks in place on the SS. I wanted a plate 2 match my driving ability, car potential and something that would stand out and set me apart. So I decided on working around the word power and from that ended up with SUBDUE. What do u think? U can check out my ride on included link... All the best dont get a plate like gmhvn6 cause you cant use it on another commodore u buy. Custom plate is expensive but looks smick and colours are endless... Check our ur local licence and registration office in ns.w and if you got a idea check with them 2 see if it has been taken, they can help you on prices and styles 2 make u decide whether u want 2 spend the money. Hope that helped...

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Thats guys, My problem was I originally picked something refering to the car, not with an engine change the plate is nolonger suitable.

I wont be selling the car so plates arent an issue that way,I have a few ideas well actually 22 plates 10 of which will probably make a short list all are available though. A few I really wanted are not available tho.

cheers
Scott

R

Rinn_P

What are some of your ideas? I think it can be a bit tricky with plates...its so easy to some across as a c**k head! I personaly think simple is best. Maybe if you gave us some examples on your shortlist we will have a better idea of where you are headed...?

beckrey

Banned
Reaction score
saw "RED UTE" plates the other day on a red commodore ute

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
I have decided most of the ones I have are in the c**k head class is written them off. Im down to around 8 now.Sorry I dont want to post the plates im considering id hate for someone else to get the one i end up deciding on b4 me :). Not that anyone on the forum would do that tho :)

I was mainly interested in how others have picked their plates and why they picked them. Just to see if others have gone through what im going through

K

KTASTRPHE

I reckon go something that means something to you. I have KTASTRPHE because kurtastrophe wouldnt fit and thats what some of the blokes at work used to call me (my name is kurt). I dont know if it comes across as a **** head. But they are plates that are suited to me and Ill be keeping them if I ever sell the car.

Last edited by a moderator: