Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Custom v6 manifold

cabcoupe

Reaction score
Members Ride
48 Vauxhall rod
Pub247 I looked at that already a lot of work involved but yes it would look a lot tougher. The red car is all stock just lowered and rear guards widened about 4" and that looks ok. He's running a m90 on a wild 202. I like an engine that fills the engine bay. I'm running a 350 sbc in my lx hatch need a shoe horn to get it in.
I'm liking the info and pics so far guys keep them coming.

Cheers.

cabcoupe

Reaction score
Members Ride
48 Vauxhall rod
Will the manifold I've cut down fit straight onto an ecotec motor

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
nope totally different port spacing and 1 inch lower deck height makes it a skinnier engine between the heads

cabcoupe

Reaction score
Members Ride
48 Vauxhall rod
Sorry wizzid for my ignorance I've only just started with the research on these motors so please be patient with my stupid questions. Which is narrower and with it being narrower does that meen the overall dimension is too. I've got a complete vs lined up for $300 with 130k on the clock seems to run pretty sweet. I still want that dual t/b look can I do a complete swap of heads and manifold. Seems like a stupid question to go backwards with technology but that the look I'm trying yo get on a budget build

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
ecotec motors run a maf sensor, and you cant swap to pre ecotec heads/manifold without full custom manifold and complete custom camshaft(not jsut custom grind, but different lobe positions and such, headache material)

stick with a pre ecotec block for what you want.

cabcoupe

Reaction score
Members Ride
48 Vauxhall rod
Seem to be a lot of changes from year to year does that also mean the vs trani wont go onto a vn block.
The vn I was looking at had 250k on the clock and the trani was making a whirring noise what would that be and would there still be plenty of life in the motor

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
trans will bolt up, but if auto, wont work without vs ecu

cabcoupe

Reaction score
Members Ride
48 Vauxhall rod
Another thing I forgot and would probably be the same is the sump. For mock up in the rod i could use the ecotec and later on build a pre ecotec down the track some time. Just the vs seems too good to pass up. can use the central locking, power windows. air con. Will save me a fair bit of on all the mod cons.

cabcoupe

Reaction score
Members Ride
48 Vauxhall rod
Still looking for more details on ttb's. What sort of mods needing to be done to the motor cam and things or just left stock.

Cheers Mick.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
you can use a VN ECU and loom to run a ecotec so there would be no need for the flow meter, that way you could run some sort of multiple butterfly arrangement on top. just need to get Delcowizzid to make a tune to suit :D

both the VN/VP/VR buick engines and VS ecotec share the same basic block architecture except the difference in deck height. so they bolt up to the same engine mounts, use the same pattern bell-housings etc