Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cut off by other driver doing an illegal u turn

LAP004

lifes-likethat
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp executive
driving down to see the gf at work yesterday after i finished work my self this happend.
i was driving through the sbends on the david low way sunshine coast QLD.
when the other guy parked on the left hand side of the rd decided to do a u turn directly infront of me
half way around a corner in the 70 zone(which ment that he would have to cross the double white lines to finish the manover.

he only got half way through it when i ended up in the drivers rear and front door at about 60 to 70kms.
luckly no sufferd any serious injerys from the crash.

View attachment 141369View attachment 141370View attachment 141371View attachment 141372View attachment 141373View attachment 141374View attachment 141375View attachment 141376View attachment 141377

so in the end his insurance is coverring the damage to my car due to him not checking properly and doing a ileagle turn
does any have any idea how long the it may take for the insurance to come through??
also how much do you guys recon the insurance company might charge me to buy the mangled wreck back once they'v written it off?

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
what insurance is paying you out? not sure if you want the wreck back but sometimes they just pick it up with a tow truck like it or not...

LAP004

lifes-likethat
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp executive
his insurance is. CUSTOM FLEET insurance.its already at the local impound lot awaiting to be looked at. i plan on buying it back cause i juust put a brand new cat back on and few differnt sensor' and other bits and peices i want to use on my other vp which i had just retird to weekend duties.
but i need to fix it and i could use a lot of parts off the wreck

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
When I got rear ended it took about 2 months, but that was repaired. I dont know how long a pay out could take, sorry dude but that looks like a write off. But I would say it will take sometime before the insurance company has inspected the car and evaluated it etc.

LAP004

lifes-likethat
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp executive
just the guards and bonnet would cost more to replace then the car itself. im going to call them on mp0ondaqy and see if i can have it m oved out of impound till they inspect it due to it not been there vehical till they pay out. ill just have to wait and see i guess

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
It could be a week time they send out an assessor. They might just total it and cut you a check?

yogi_b

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6
Quite often they will take into account new stuff like the catback and the sensors and take that into account with your payout