Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dads supercharged VT Playing silly buggers!

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Hey Lads and Ladies, been a long time since ive been on here, good to see the site looking and going great as ever :), ok Down to business! Dad Had His na v6 swapped out at the wreckers for a super6 out of a wh stato with an upgraded pulley and extractors, car ran fine goes hard, was covered with a 3 month warranty which is now passed (go figure) now the car has been running a high rev (2200rpm) when hot or cold (intermitent) and occasionally has stalled about 8 times in the last 2 months. the other day stalled 3 times in a row! no problems restarting though, car smells like it could be running rich, just ordered new iac valve and tps, jut hoping to find out whats wrong before throwing cash into it for parts that dont need replacing! any help would be great! Thanks JC Team and Members!

H

harrop.senator

Iacv is bad for rev hanging. My cammed 6 at the moments playing up with to higher cold idle on first start and occasionally coming to a stop at lights they won't lower from 1100 for ages. Haven't changed it out yet but after the Mrs old v6 Ute did it for ages where would all of a sudden idle at 2k . Tested iacv and cleaned it, changed tps , change cam angle sensor drove it round to al Gibbs house thinking it was electrical he said to throw a spare he had on see if it fixed it out of curiosity and it did lol never did it again since.

jhvh777

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 vy storm ute
Check for codes first mate before throwing parts at it. Once had an high idle on a vy v6 after doing the intake gaskets, found out eventually that the old pcv valve had an o ring still on it, while the new one came with nothing, so I put the old o ring on and that was my high idle problem. I never had the engine stalling from this though.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Iacv is bad for rev hanging. My cammed 6 at the moments playing up with to higher cold idle on first start and occasionally coming to a stop at lights they won't lower from 1100 for ages. Haven't changed it out yet but after the Mrs old v6 Ute did it for ages where would all of a sudden idle at 2k . Tested iacv and cleaned it, changed tps , change cam angle sensor drove it round to al Gibbs house thinking it was electrical he said to throw a spare he had on see if it fixed it out of curiosity and it did lol never did it again since.
Hi
What was spare?

H

harrop.senator

The idle air control Valve sorry if wasnt clear. I cleaned it and tested it so we ruled that out chasing a whole lot of other stuff. Changed it for the sake of it and it fixed it. The vt loan car at work kept stalling occasionally as wasnt returning to idle and would dip under and the culprit was the idle air control Valve again.

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Thanks everyone for the replies, sorry i haven't got back sooner!! Ran a code check on monday (live diagnostic) turns out the o2 sensors are running at 912 when they are supposed to be 412! picked up new iac valve today and tps from holden, car is booked in tomorrow to have new parts fitted and tuned, stalled again today on the way to holden, so hope this sorts it out!!.