Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Daewoo Nubira X Series

VS FTW

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
Hey guys, my friends got a Daewoo Nubira X Series and shes having lots of problems with the cooling system. Basically it has to be continually topped up and the water/coolant is always reaaally dirty. So due to experience with my own car i figure we should flush the block and the system then run some water through and find the leak?

So was just wondering how to go about removing the fans/radiator, is it just basically the same procedure (with differences of course) as my VS? And then flushing, again with differences, but is it generally the same as what ive done previously?

VS FTW

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
Doesnt have to be model specific just if anyones knows daewoo's in general?

Surely one of the many mechanics here have worked on one! :D cmon guuuuuuys

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Hey mate it is a piece of cake. You can leave the thermo's on the radiator and just disconnect the clip on the wiring loom. Undo bottom radiator hose, top radiator hose and overflow. Disconnect the two clamps at the top of the radiator then the radiator and thermo's should slide out as one piece.

If you have a leak I would suggest taking the heat shield off (disconnect oxygen sensor and two bolts) and then inspecting under the exhaust manifold. You should see a line of 4 welsh plugs which are a common issue to leak. They are 34mm ($4 at supercheap) and an easy fix so long as it is not the furthest left welsh plug (trickier).

Good luck! Don't forget to disconnect battery prior. Also check top and bottom radiator hose's as the internals can go all crunchy and split.

Edit - Just found this

Capture.jpg

Last edited:

Westie

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
Not a head gasket is it?
whats the oil like?

Those daewoo's are pretty prone for heads.