Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DAKSTERS VS Berlina

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
He can control you. He has the power. Resistance is futile.

He likes fast cars. The dog made me do it.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
The whole car is in a pretty sad state at the moment. The headlining and trims were poached to get the acclaim ready for rwc. The rear passenger windows have been removed to do the paint properly. The mirrors are off too, and the holes for windows and mirrors were taped up. ummmm a few months ago now... and its stood in one of the wettest summers ever with no tail lights.. everything is full of water lol

I'll have to get in and clean it up and reseal it soon or the floor will fall out :rofl2:

Because the engine is now coming out, and half the interior is missing anyway, its getting another paintjob, but this time its a full doors off engine out job.. so it doesnt need to be white.... I always wanted atomic green, but meh you can just buy that off the shelf. I've got heaps of various flakes and pearls, I might experiment and invent subatomic green ;)

The LS3 will have a whipple. I was considering raptor but I dunno, I just think the whipple looks tidier lol. Because its a monaro bonnet, and made of fibreglass with no insulation, there is a bunch of clearance under the bonnet. I'm going to try and hide as much as possible, I'd like to see that engine sitting in its place nicely with as little as possible obstructing the view. I hate a crowded engine bay ;)

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Everyone knows that max cruising speed is warp 9, though you can squeeze a little more out of it by diverting power from the main deflectors and inverting the polarity of the warp matrix, but even then you can maybe only get to warp 9.7, and she wont hold out for long with that sort of punishment :)

Warp 10 is the theoretical maximum, though in one episode of Next Generation Picard did some time shifting and was 25 years into his own future when another captain asked for Warp 13 and got it, so maybe sometime in the future...

OK, I'm a nerd.. :rofl2:

Tom Paris was the first man to break Warp 10, at which point he mated with Captain Janeway after becoming a "beloved mutant".

Ok so I am nerdier than you...

I've got heaps of various flakes and pearls, I might experiment and invent subatomic green ;)

I approve of this plan lol.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Tom Paris was the first man to break Warp 10, at which point he mated with Captain Janeway after becoming a "beloved mutant".

Ok so I am nerdier than you...

Yeah he was, but it wasnt useable as a means of travel at that point, because he couldnt choose a destination. Breaking Warp 10 meant he was at all places in the universe at once, they still needed to work on actually being able to go to a specific place with it. They achieved Warp 10 when they realized it wasnt the nacelles breaking away from the shuttle, but the shuttle getting left behind when it couldnt keep up with the nacelles, they had to place a shield on the hull to keep it all together.

Getting to mate with Janeway might have been more fun if they hadnt both been giant slugs at the time too lol. I maintain that I am a higher form of evolution, as I too am a slug and thats what they had evolved into when space and time became distorted.

Me, I would have stayed at Warp 9 and mated with Kes, who gives a crap what Neelix thought about it lol.. although Kes only had a lifespan of 9 years so she was only 2 at the time.. a very nicely developed 2 mind you.. :)

Last edited:

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
B'elanna only figured out that the nacelles were going faster thanks to Neelix being a genius! Why would you want Kes?

When there is the Delaney Sisters!!

You're right though, quantum slip stream drives are probably the best one they came up with, despite the fact Harry couldn't work out how to navigate the currents so it spat them out on the edge of the Alpha Quadrant and onto an ice planet. The easiest jump home they got was when Kess propelled them 10,000 ly closer to home.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
yep Neelix is a genius, one of the best characters from all the series I think. You dont like Kes? I think she is cute as hell, just wonder how I would feel feeling a 2 year old though... she aint exactly stupid either, very clever girl.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
For Sale.

VR Acclaim, Buick V6 Auto. Sold with RWC and no rego.. if I register it immediately for 6/12 months and you dont buy it for a month, you only get 5/11 months rego lol... so I wont charge you for rego, you do it yourself and get the whole 6/12 months yourself. Also, I get discounted rego as a pensioner, so you would have to pay extra anyway to change it to your name, on top of transfer fees.

Car available soon... dont want anyone looking at it until I have fixed the paint lol

Still a few little things to do to it for RWC. The bonnet will be replaced on the weekend, and the new bonnet and the roof resprayed due to paint faults. The rest of the paint is pretty good, just a couple tiny trolley dings etc. but otherwise unmarked.

**EDIT** The car will now come with all minor dents and blemishes fixed, and a complete external respray in original colour. The colour match on the new bonnet wasnt good enough so I decided to do the whole car instead.

I will also be removing the trolley strips to paint the car. I can restore and refit the strips if the buyer wants them.

I'll do the same for all badges except for the holden badge on the boot because I cbf filling the holes it fits into before painting the car, so that badge will be replaced after painting. All the other badges are just stickons, up to you if you want them stuck back on.

I will add some pix of the interior when I have finished putting it back together. Its clean and tidy, in good condition. The front seats dont match the back, it has VS front seats with height adjustment.. from a Calais maybe? They are a similar colour but different pattern, I'd suggest front and rear seat covers to make them all look the same, but thats your choice. I wont buy them because I'd rather let you choose your own :) Seats are in good condition though if you dont mind the slightly different pattern.

AC is cold, everything in the car works correctly.

Tyres are Bridgestone Turanza ER30, 90% tread, Unmarked silver painted VZ interceptors with unmarked VZ hubcaps.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I was wrong about the Ks, must have had a brain fart. Odo says 187691, but the previous owner tells me it hadnt worked for a few months. I am guessing real Ks are maybe in the high 190s. Odo is now fixed.

attachment.php

I'll list in the for sale section once I have the RWC completed sometime early next week.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Its a clean, honest and totally stock VR. Nothing special, but it presents and drives very well. Engine seems particularly good for a buick, its a freshish rebuild I would say, or maybe it has some internal mods that I am not aware of.
Externally the engine looks totally stock to me, but I dont know much about buicks.

attachment.php

Gears shift quick and clean. Suspension and steering feel good.
Would make a great daily or a sound base for a project car.

This is not a mangtastic drift car. Its a clean, well maintained daily driver, formerly owned by a middle aged couple, with a QLD roadworthy certificate. Aircon works well, has a basic Sony headunit and 7x10" rear Kenwoods + original front speakers. Headunit has sub and amp outputs, plays mp3 but no usb or bluetooth.

Price is $3000 with 6 months rego. On the day of purchase, we will ring the Transport department and get a quote on 6 months registration, and that amount will be subtracted from the $3000. Registering it will then be your concern, you can take the paperwork down and register it before you drive it away if you like. Its a quiet country town here, you will have the opportunity to test drive the car safely without rego.

Not particularly interested in negotiating the price at this point, we'll see how it all turns out first though, and its strictly cash up front. No laybys, no payment plans, no cheques or promises. I may accept a substantial deposit to hold it for a few weeks but you would need to be serious, deposit will NOT be refunded.

I'll post more photos soon when the paint is repaired and the interior is cleaned up. This is a great car for its age people.. well worth the money. If I cant get enough for it I will just give it to my daughter, I wont be selling it for a pittance. Unfortunately she wants it to be painted pink and I am not willing lol

You can watch the car being fixed up in this thread so you will see what gets done and how well.

Last edited:

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
yep Neelix is a genius, one of the best characters from all the series I think. You dont like Kes? I think she is cute as hell, just wonder how I would feel feeling a 2 year old though... she aint exactly stupid either, very clever girl.

Kes is ok, to be honest I'd just go Jadzia Dax from DS9.

Or Jeri Ryan...

Definitely Jeri Ryan...

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Jazdia Dax yep Jeri Ryan omg yeah forgot about her how could I forget 7of9 with the awesome chest

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Thought this was a car thread, not a kitchen redevelopment?
Jokes. Love the kitchen.. Looks awesome.

Also some reason I just thought these 2 images fit well together..
dakster-albums-stuff2-picture136355-ls3.jpg

dakster-albums-stuff2-picture137491-sammy.JPG

Just sayin'