Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dash gauges

TheNewKid

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina
hey everyone

wasnt 100% sure on where to post this so sorry if its in the wrong place.

but im looking at getting some gauges for my car. im wanting them to be mounted either across the dash somewhere, or along the window pillar. ive searched around the forum and havent been able to find an exact answer, ive also called up the transport dep and all theyve given me is bulls**t answers.

so after any suggestions here! where can i get them mounted, itll be on a 1990 VN berlina, i know i can a custom setup below the dash in the sunglasses holder as i suppose youd call it, but i dont want to use that, as i do use it to hold things in there but any suggestions are welcome, id like it to be legal to have aswell.

Thanks JC members! TheNewKid

Chev.123

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle
Window pillar should be ok as long as they are not to big

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
This is the only 'good' gauge setup i've seen on a VN-S model. Anything else just looks tryhard (the gauges in the pic are for a purpose, not wank factor)

Gauges1_zps75930f94.jpg
Gauges2_zps4ec8cf4b.jpg

TheNewKid

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina
i was just really looking for a DIY install, but i have seen that photo before, i do like it but im unsure of how much i want to spend.
but gimme that woodgrain damn it!

vyseriesII

The Blessed Hellride
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VyS S2 Blown
i was just really looking for a DIY install, but i have seen that photo before, i do like it but im unsure of how much i want to spend.

Looks like the wood grain in that photo is one of those paint job effects on the standard interior? could be wrong. I did a brown interior of a kingswood years ago to give it a leather look on the trims, dash etc.. Came out really well, wish I had photo's of it all.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
It is an old pic, but to date, its still the only good setup for gauges.

Looks like the wood grain in that photo is one of those paint job effects on the standard interior? could be wrong. I did a brown interior of a kingswood years ago to give it a leather look on the trims, dash etc.. Came out really well, wish I had photo's of it all.
You are wrong, its the standard interior from holden.

TheNewKid

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina
yeah i do agree, its the only good setup for them, i was just looking for the dash because i know ill be able to do it myself which is what im looking for really, but thanks for the pics!

david dubbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx gen111 wagon
A pillar is illegal
B on top of dash looks ****

Clubby-Made4Viol3nce

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport 6L (M6)
This is mine (VR but same thing), sorry the picture is night time only. I'll take another pic at day time. Basically in the spot under the head unit (little space). Was really easy to set up. Basically got a piece of acrylic black, measured and cut out 3 holes evenly (little bit of math involved to get them all spaced amd evenly apart good). Wired them all through the back. had to drill a little hole in the center space to poke the wires through. Connected power to Cigarette lighter, Light wire to the cigarette light wire etc. got a bit of silicon glue to glue the gauges in the acrylic then placed it in the slot and fit perfectly. i ended up putting a tiny bit of blue tack behind it to make sure it definitely didn't start rattling and didn't fall out. Looks really neat not that this picture shows. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Easiest way i found and people always always comment on how neat the out come was. (Neat and cheap)
lights.jpg

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
As neat as that is, he said he wants to keep the area under the deck free.