Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dash Warning: "Service Engine Oil" - Anyone else had it?

H

Holden_Mechanic

the reason it gets "Under the radar" is because its not a major prob and if the customer dont complain, dont fix it till they do (unless its dangerous)

:thumbsup:

vztrt said:
It's actually programmed to do it as the car is exported to the middle east where it's extreme conditions and must regularly be serviced. They should fix it at Holden at the 3000 service but sometimes it gets underneath the radar.

nightmare

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
I know all about this problem my SV6 just had it. The offical story behind this problem is the bosch software which opperates this cars computers. Holden are going to issue a letter to all SV6 owners in the next month to returne their cars to the closes holden dealer for a 'software' upgrade. To fix the problem for the time being when the car is off press both the up and down arrows then turn the key when you hear a beep press set and set again when the reset service reminder promp comes up

R

ryath67

i got my warning at about 29000km...holden guy told me its programmed options for when they get away from scheduled kilometre servicing.engine management will which decdie when service is due..maybe on the ve commodore

Rod VZ Storm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Storm ute M6
ryath67 said:
i got my warning at about 29000km...holden guy told me its programmed options for when they get away from scheduled kilometre servicing.engine management will which decdie when service is due..maybe on the ve commodore

That sounds like the normal "service" reminder with a picture of a spanner ?

The "service engine oil" is a different message that has a graphic of a oil can (from memory)