Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dceivdu's new 5 litre!

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN SSV Enhanced 5.0, 1999 VT S Pac ll 3.8
progress report:

Okay time to get everyone up to speed with what's been happening since I said I was taking the SS off the road to complete the aero rebuild.

I'm two side skirts away from finishing the bodykit. 11 of the 13 piece genuine kit has been resprayed in marinello red with dupli-color 350ml spray cans and finishing with 2 kinds of acrylic clear topcoat, SCA brand and Septone. Also just purchased some fibreglass specific rubbing compound for when I buff the kit.

I ended up selling the old engine minus bolt ons with the stuffed trans. The buyers were even kind enough to help me unbolt the rest of the engine and accessories, trans, loom etc.

My brother in law found a great replacement for me from a VS HSV Caprice with only 180,000km. The guy who sold it was in the process of rebuilding it and did the freeze plugs and got it decked tapped honed as well as acid dipped. However... this was over 8 years ago.. and has been on the same stand its on now in his shed until the day I rescued her :)

It was virtually reassembled except for the heads and manifold and bolt ons (bolt ons and tons of spares were given to me when I got the engine). Now I have disassembled ready to be re cleaned and then will be painting the block in a high-temp paint. Not 100% on what colour is going to look nice in the red engine bay, maybe orange.. who knows. I was going to re assemble it all myself but don't feel confident enough with it especially when doing the cam and lifters installation. Im not exactly funded enough to risk blowing the engine up straight after building it so she's going to the "doctors" this coming week hopefully to get done by the pros.

yesterday I got my new Turbo 700 transmission from a VS SS with 140,000km on it (seller insisted on showing me his SS just to prove the kms were legit). I wish I could find a stally for it but I think it's going to stay standard for now. I predict the trans being a different colour also when it goes in.

Today I was going to buy some HSV VR interior for $400 but just couldn't bring myself to buy them. The were dirty but not ripped, I didnt want the door trims as I don't want to change the 'yet to be confirmed' SV door trims. I remembered a while back, when my brother in law first got his racing seats put in the front of his VN weapon, I was blown away with how impressive they looked. With that in the back of my mind, I stopped into Autobahn and bought two DRiFT 'blade' style reclinable racing seats for much much below their asking price. I love to haggle hahaha.

in the near future I'm possibly getting sone VE supersports to dress the VN up with and then with everything going to plan, I will be back on the roads and attending a few cruises in the rebuilt beast.

I'll be uploading some pictures when I can take some nice ones.