Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DCEIVDU'S New Ryyde!

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN SSV Enhanced 5.0, 1999 VT S Pac ll 3.8
Hey all, as some of you already know, i had a VN commodore that looked like a bomb hit it when i got it. But after 6 months of centrelink payments, it finally looked respectable.

However i still sought after a manual commodore. I thought for all of 5 minutes about what i wanted and after owning everything from VB to VS (with the exception of VL) i knew that a VL manual was the way to go.

Had a squizz on gumtree, found a VL manual and asked if he was keen to swap and we met up the following day.

When i arrived i saw a white piece of cop bait sitting in the driveway and thought about reconsidering, however i took it for a test drive and was blown away.

long story short, he liked my car, i liked his car and we straight swapped.

heres a few pix of when i first got her, bit rough but im happy.

Attachments

• IMG044.jpg
    IMG044.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 410
  • IMG043.jpg
    IMG043.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG042.jpg
    IMG042.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG041.jpg
    IMG041.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 413

matvex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh Commodore
Put some grandpa hats and box of tissues on the parcel shelf and it will become invisible to cops. :)

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
So what's the plans for it ?
Become a Lemming like all of the vl cult?
Change your ride status to "hektic vl" or "kebab chariot"
Get some bay pics and interior.
How many kms on her?

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
plans are to restore it and give it some much needed love, then turbo. will get bay pix when i clean it up as its pretty dirty atm lol and interior is atrocious. will post pix of before and afters soon though. also the k's are unknown as it has had an engine swap.. will have to talk to previous owner and find a dash with similar reading. i could just lie and get a hell low k one but id only be lying to myself lol. i already ripped the sound system out and threw it in the bin as it was all either snapped or 20 years old.

will keep everyone posted :)

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
Update already :p

I've only had the car for a week today but i feel i have made quite an improvement already. I tried putting a flip out DVD player into the dash but only had clearance issues so i put it up for sale on gumtree. After a couple of days i got bored of waiting so i offered to swap it for a set of rims from a bloke. We ended up swapping and i think i got the better end of the deal.

I also put a JVC multi colour change head unit with USB, rear Kenwood 6x9's and front Axis 6" speakers just for the sake of it. I do have my sub and amp still from my old car but i havent bothered yet due to the boot leak. Once fixed i will be doing a custom boot install which hopefully works out. I have also quickly cleaned up the engine bay for now but nothing proper just yet.

Anyway, enough rambling, i'll just indulge you with some pictures:

Attachments

• IMG046.jpg
    IMG046.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 370
  • IMG047.jpg
    IMG047.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG048.jpg
    IMG048.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 349
  • IMG049.jpg
    IMG049.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 368
  • IMG050.jpg
    IMG050.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 325

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
My wife at the time was gutted, balled her eyes out. Cops called at 2am to report firies couldn't get near it and it was done for, funny thing was it all came about when the cops came to arrest me. The ####ers had stolen a tank of fuel on their joyride, captured on surveillance tape and was why the car is basically a molten lump.

I think because we'd just had our first child, were struggling for cash and lost about $800 of pram and baby seat along with a favourite teddy, she lost the plot none of which insurance covered naturally. Either way it was entirely my fault, but with death comes new life and I found my VS :)