Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dealer misleading

JSK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Clubsport M6
Hi all,about 4 months ago i decided to trade my vx in on a vy series 2 upwards.Ended up finding one at local Holden Dealer 03 VY SS II.Yesterday i went to get some things to do a service on it and was told it wasnt a series2 but a series 1.Pretty much thought the guy behind the counter didnt know what he was talking about.Today decided to check the paperwork from the dealer (Notice of Sale,Tax Invoice,Warranty Form etc).All paperwork states it is a series 2 as what i thought as i wasnt looking for a series1.Then checked a few things a guy told me to look for and the vin No. Build date which is 07/03.I have now found out it is a series1, VERY PI#*ED OFF NOW.Not knowing at the time what to look for and just thinking a Holden Dealer couldnt be selling a series1 as a series2.Going to see the dealer and demanding a full refund as this should be a clear case of misleading the buyer.Anyone ever had any similiar situations would love some feedback.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
Yeah that's no good. Are you impressed with the car apart from that though? If you like the car go and see what you can get out of them in terms of a discount and freebies for the trouble.

Goodluck with it.

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
look up redbook for the difference in price between an s1 and s2, then ask them to refund it to you. if they refuse go to consumer affairs.

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
no offence, but if you didn't notice it wasn't a series 2 in the first 4 months of driving it then what is the exact problem? what's so special about a series 2 over a series 1, that you didn't even realise whilst you had the car? apart from a price difference, of course, which you should get refunded. don't ask for a full refund if there's nothing wrong with the car and you're happy with it...

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
I always check for that.I just purchased a vz ss and before i got the one i have i looked at one that i was keen on, i specifically wanted an '05 model.The guy told me over the phone it was definately '05 so i drove 2 hours to look at it, only to find that it was an '04 model first registered in '05!
I gave him an earful about wasting my time and he just shrugged his shoulders and said "It's pretty much an '05, it was built 11/04!"
I have found from buying recently that alot of the salesmen don't have a clue what they're selling you and will make something up to get the sale so you must be careful.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
no offence, but if you didn't notice it wasn't a series 2 in the first 4 months of driving it then what is the exact problem? what's so special about a series 2 over a series 1, that you didn't even realise whilst you had the car? apart from a price difference, of course, which you should get refunded. don't ask for a full refund if there's nothing wrong with the car and you're happy with it...

Point being not everyone would notice, yet one car is newer and has probably got some updates (i don't specifically know that but it's a safe bet).
They lied or didn't know even though it was specified. God knows what else they lie about.

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
no doubt it's got some updates, but if he never realised the difference then it's safe to say that those updates don't matter to him. and if they were both built in the same year then one's barely older than the other anyway! but yeah, dealers do lie just to get a sale, and about other things. one thing to note is to never listen to what a dealer says! find out the facts by researching yourself and you'll be happy!

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
oldest trick in the book dude, i bought my series 1 vy berlina when all the paper work said series 2 even though it was obviously not, then i ended up trading that berlina back at the same dealer, i dropped by and it was back up for sale as a series 2

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
depending on the model it usually just means rear power windows or a retrim or different rims. definitely misleading but they can hide it so easy just by changing those things.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
I always check for that.I just purchased a vz ss and before i got the one i have i looked at one that i was keen on, i specifically wanted an '05 model.The guy told me over the phone it was definately '05 so i drove 2 hours to look at it, only to find that it was an '04 model first registered in '05!
I gave him an earful about wasting my time and he just shrugged his shoulders and said "It's pretty much an '05, it was built 11/04!"
I have found from buying recently that alot of the salesmen don't have a clue what they're selling you and will make something up to get the sale so you must be careful.

if its an 11/04 build date the car is classed as an 05 model year, look at the digit before the "L" in the VIN number it will be a 5 designating the model year
the model year changes about october...