Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dealer misleading

LUMPY 8

buddaboy1990
Reaction score
SAs biggest retirement village (victor harbor)
Members Ride
Vu r8 maloo, mq patrol beach bus
Point being not everyone would notice, yet one car is newer and has probably got some updates (i don't specifically know that but it's a safe bet).
They lied or didn't know even though it was specified. God knows what else they lie about.

no joke myself nd a m8 nd his mum drove up2 adelaide 2 a second hand dealer 2 look at a car that was on the trading post it said it was mech A1 no rust perfect interior nd exterior nd then we got there nd it was a total wreck, it was full of rust the exhaust was held by the down pipe nd a bit of wire at the end nd the inside smelt like somfin died in it, they had it in there 4 1500 but its not even worth 500

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Since when does a good salesman let the truth get in the way of a bullcrap story.

Always do as much research as you can. You can always come back again later.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
if its an 11/04 build date the car is classed as an 05 model year, look at the digit before the "L" in the VIN number it will be a 5 designating the model year
the model year changes about october...

Ok, fair enough.
As far as i'm concerned if it's got 04 build on the plate then it should be sold as such but that's only my opinion.Thanks for the info.:)

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
no doubt it's got some updates, but if he never realised the difference then it's safe to say that those updates don't matter to him. and if they were both built in the same year then one's barely older than the other anyway! but yeah, dealers do lie just to get a sale, and about other things. one thing to note is to never listen to what a dealer says! find out the facts by researching yourself and you'll be happy!

But if i were going to buy it, knowing a series 2 had a few improvements but not knowing what they you're saying those updates don't matter? If it were a computer thing i'd have no way of knowing.

It's like telling a colourblind dude the car he's buying is red when it's really green.

I do agree that you do as much research as possible, but something like the build of the car shouldn't be something to lie about.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Build dates don't mean a thing in regards to which year the car is. As far as a year goes, it is the compliance date that is important. Build date only matters when ordering parts. In the case of the car built 11/04, the compliance plate would probably have 1/05 on it. The series of the car relies on the build date, but the year will be compliance date.

The dealer advertised the car as series two, if it is in fact a series one he broke the law. This is the case in WA, not 100% on other states, but over here, you can not advertise false information, even out of ignorance. Go back to the dealer with evidence of which series it actually is and see what recourse is available to you.

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
But if i were going to buy it, knowing a series 2 had a few improvements but not knowing what they you're saying those updates don't matter? If it were a computer thing i'd have no way of knowing.

It's like telling a colourblind dude the car he's buying is red when it's really green.

I do agree that you do as much research as possible, but something like the build of the car shouldn't be something to lie about.

Yeah I understand now!

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
no joke myself nd a m8 nd his mum drove up2 adelaide 2 a second hand dealer 2 look at a car that was on the trading post it said it was mech A1 no rust perfect interior nd exterior nd then we got there nd it was a total wreck, it was full of rust the exhaust was held by the down pipe nd a bit of wire at the end nd the inside smelt like somfin died in it, they had it in there 4 1500 but its not even worth 500

Was the ad in English,because that post wasnt.:bang:

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
Would this be similar? i bought my vy series 2 S ute 2 weeks ago. on the receipt it clearly states that i have traction control, yet there's no evidence of a button or anything. what could i do here?

On a similar note (yeah I'm a thread hijacker...), do all cars with an LS1 or L98 or LS2 etc have a traction control button, where you are able to turn it off? Do they all even have TC? VX Calais does and you can turn it off, but wondering about other models...