Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Debadge your car in 10 minutes, WARNING dial up users

mcnmn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS manual wagon
mcnmn, POLISH IT!!! The only excuse for putting badges back on, and I mean the ONLY excuse, is if they were superglued there. That stuff is hard to get rid of. Everything else will polish out. You don't even need to buy a polish, try a bit of metho on a rag and then just rub it gently with some coarse stuff on another rag, anything with a bit of a cut in it.

thanks but it wasnt superglue i assume it was the standard black double sided tape, i got all of that off, and the gunk underneath using metho,
then had a go at pollishing off the marks with some turtle wax polish, althougth i didnt go mental, worried about takeing too much paint off..
made it a bit lighter but still looked terrible.. so i came to the conclusion that whatever glue had been used had stained the paint.
if you have a suggestion to get rid of this id be willing to give it a go
- mat

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
it might have stained the very surface of the paint mate but it won't have gone all the way through. Give it a good rub with some Meguiars Paint Cleaner or something similar on a rag, it will go away slowly as you rub through the very outside layer of paint. That's what a cutting compound does, just takes the very outside layer down.

Whereabouts are you located?

Sam

mcnmn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS manual wagon
ok ill have to give that a shot, thanks heaps,
im in sydney, northern beaches..
ill give it a go on the weekend and let u know how i go
- mat

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
No worries mate, should go OK. General rule is to just keep rubbing until it's gone. Picture this if you're worried about taking layers off your paint, just to give you a vague idea:

...primer
...primer
...primer
...primer
...primer
...primer

|| PAINT LAYER
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||

|| ** some deeper scratches
|| ** || clear coat
|| ** ||
|| ** ||
|| ** ||
|| ** ||
|| ** || :: most surface scratches
|| ** || ::
|| ** || :: ++ surface staining

Of course, this is just to give you a very rough idea of what's going on, and is not 100% perfectly accurate. Hopefully it'll give a couple of people an idea of this sort of thing though, and make them feel better about polishing up their paintwork. You're barely even breaking the surface.

Sam

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
looks cleaner, and some people dont want others knowing what they have.

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
i wanted a cleaner look and i felt like i didnt need to advertise i have a V8 (car thieves etc) also i thought i'd take em off on my terms instead of someone doing it for me - with a screw driver.

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Super-clean cars look tough. Plus if you're an obsessive detailer like me, around badges is a great hidey-hole for dirt and you can't polish those bits inside the lettering very easily at all.

Sam

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
I used your method to remove the badges 2 days ago.... worked wonders
I just wanted to get rid of the buildup between the badge, then bought some 3M double sided tape to stick back on.
Looks sooo cleanly done. TYTYTY

Also: This method works for anything with double sided tape on it,, example: I had an old car phone arieal stuck to the rear windshield and it came off cleanly in about 10 seconds

Last edited:

VNwazza

VS S Series III Ute
Reaction score
Members Ride
None ATM
After some advice regarding the 'weather strip' or protective strip on the side of VN's and VP's. I have to replace my drivers door on my white VN. I have a replacement door that is off a white VP. The problem is that the two strips are different. How hard are the strips to remove and clean up underneath? If its possible I will remove the whole lot off the car, or get the one off the old door (VN) and stick it on the VP door. I read the earlier posts about a 'caramel wheel' and I don't have one or even know what it is! Thanks for any advice!