Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Decent shallow 6" speakers?

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Hey all,
I'm after some 6"-6 1/2" speakers to stick in my new hilux and require a speaker with a shallow mount to allow for the window. Anyone suggest anything?
They don't have to be top of the range as they most likely won't be powered by an amp at this stage so just something of decent quality that will suit my needs.
Thanks.

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Other than the above that HCVP has suggested, could we have the available depth in the Hilux so we can suggest something else?

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
Other than the above that HCVP has suggested, could we have the available depth in the Hilux so we can suggest something else?

Sorry mate, not sure as i haven't taken delivery yet, about 2 weeks away but i've been told to go shallow if possible to cut down on the thickness of the mdf to be used.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
How do you plan on mounting them? I doubt you'll get much shallower, maybe a bit. Is it a new Hilux, or an old one?

There's a set of Rainbow splits for sale in the forum classified also.I havent heard them personally, but i've heard good things about them.Not sure on the mounting depth though, i think there quite deep.

Last edited:

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
How do you plan on mounting them? I doubt you'll get much shallower, maybe a bit. Is it a new Hilux, or an old one?

There's a set of Rainbow splits for sale in the forum classified also.I havent heard them personally, but i've heard good things about them.Not sure on the mounting depth though, i think there quite deep.

It's a new one. I'll be using some mdf for the mounting.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Then i don't understand.You said you were after a 6.6.5'' speakers.Then you said you didn't want to drill into you door skin.I'm confuzzled.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
I think focal make a decent set of slim speakers. 165v slim or something from memory. A lot of wrx owners use them for their mounting depth issues.