Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Deep dish wheels

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
There is a mob in Vic that do shortened IRS kits, up to 75mm shortened which can give you greater flexibility on wheels. That said you will have more trouble finding wheels in Commodore stud pattern than anything else short of going 3 piece wheels. I've got the Showtime Customs 30mm kit (not installed yet) and am aiming to run 10" wide with around a +20 offset, but to get what I want will need 3 piece wheels sadly. But even my current wheels which are 8.5" +24 fit fine with the guards rolled.

C-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 SS Thunder Ute 6ltr V8 manual
But even my current wheels which are 8.5" +24 fit fine with the guards rolled.[/QUOTE]

Thanks

so +25 work OK on a VZ with rolled guards? What size tires?

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Well I haven't actually had a the guards rolled yet, but they will fit. Fronts do hang out the guards a bit, but my front alignment is all over the place too so its not a great comparison on the front. That said it didn't rub at all, rear rubs not but will clear once rolled, you can see from the pic below with the clearance on the rear. Tyre size is 245/40/18 Yokohama semi slicks all round in the pics. one of the fronts has a nail in it, so I will swap front to back and try and get some 265/35/18 (not 100% sure on the profile off head) semis on the rear, which I'm pretty confident I can get to fit.

jQQM4OW.jpg

5DDzACn.jpg