Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Defect For Too Low

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Seen an alarming number of cars with only one head light. How hard is it to change a bulb??

its not hard, its more that retarded drivers dont know that they only have one. if only i had a nickel for the amount of times i have seen a car with a tail/brake light blown because the driver was too retarded to check them.

and i agree there is a dumb difference between unsafe and unroadworthy. all of my cars have been lower then the legal limit but they have all been lowered by professionals, using the correct gear, and i have never had an accident directly caused by how low my car has been. bald tyres on the other hand is unsafe.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
if only i had a nickel for the amount of times i have seen a car with a tail/brake light blown because the driver was too retarded to check them.

Nickel is worth nothing, I'd rather have 5 cents.

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
You can always tell the ones that do change their own globes in the back, indicator is white instead of the correct yellow one (still unsure how having to put that much force to get it to click in isn't a hint it's wrong)

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
You obviously arent old enough to remember when the lens was orange, and the globe was clear. Clear globe will fit.

profat

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt olympic model
You obviously arent old enough to remember when the lens was orange, and the globe was clear. Clear globe will fit.

I can remember white lenses and white globe parklights and blinkers in one

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
More than old enough to remember that, colored indicator globes have the pins offset, clear doesn't and it takes a bit of force to twist them into place.... what I was implying

B-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Calais S2
i was defected (SA) with my car a yr or so ago for loose battery and bald tyres. yet they hadnt reached the tread wear marks yet.... the inside at the fronts were worn slightly more than the rest of the tyre still showing tread but that was his reason. i also had the car booked in for new tyres in 2 days time but still got the defect. i only had to go to the cop shop and get the officer to look it over that the 2 defect items had been fixed. and pay some $76 fee.
the funny thing was neither officer picked on the totally illegal bonnet i had on with half the bonnet supports cut out, a big downwards vent facing forward with a "sharp edge" as they would call it....

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
colored indicator globes have the pins offset, clear doesn't

hmmm:
10300704_10152043996351402_4728038660559589777_n.jpg

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score