Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Definition Of "Ricer"

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
True, about the typical stereotype of drivers of Jap cars but as for them being cheap sports cars as opposed to the ones you have mentioned i have to disagree, Sure SOME Jap cars are cheap sports cars but as far as the R34 GTR goes i think it qualify,s as a great sports car, and stock 4 stock would out handle any of the above mentioned cars except for the porsche! also add to the fact that the GTR falls into the same price bracket as the munro that would also make the munro a cheap sports car (wich it is anyway lol) but each to their own! also while on the same topic, the road review on the new model WRX wich went head to head with the munro, revealed excessive body roll in the munro, whereas the wrx was a tight, firm ride all around and it ran rings around the munro in terms of handling, and nearly matches its performance, in fact to quote what the artice said :the only way we can see the monaro as having any real advantage over the wrx was on the 1/4 mile drag strip! so yeah just something to think about!

Yes that is true, mainly because japanese cars are designed not for power but for circuit racing, I admit they are a nice ride (wrx) but I wouldn't own one, but they arn't as riced up as the Skylines, s2000 or the Lancers (I actually love the look of the Evo 6 Lancer :D )

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
I actually see more mustangs with neons that I do any japanese car...

where in victoria are you seeing this many mustangs? most of the ones here are older style mustangs, and when i lived over in california i did not see a SINGLE mustang with a neon on it

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
where in victoria are you seeing this many mustangs? most of the ones here are older style mustangs, and when i lived over in california i did not see a SINGLE mustang with a neon on it

never said how many i have seen, only seen about 4 mustangs with neons, and 3 around the Richmond area...Seen one skyline around the Richmond area, other than that the only other place (besides my driveway) I've seen any car with neons is in ballarat (can't remember what they were)
But the first car I ever saw (in real life) with neons was my second cousin who had them on his BMW about 10 years ago, next time I saw was on a black Mustang driving around richmond

The main reason people associate neons with ricers is because of Fast and the Furious

And when your out at the time I work you see any kind of car...so the fact I have seen so many mustangs isn't that hard

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
I find that SOOOOO annoying, if they live in an area with speed humps then dont drop the bloody thing, one time I think a snail beat him, so if there is no traffic comming I just floor it and do about 60-70 over them....

LOL.. id like to see that race, Snail "VS" Crab crawling datsun...... Then stoko commodore (with neons:unsure:) comes through the air overtop of the lot.:rofl:

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
and altezza lights, front or back

666vt

[ no style ]
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive 3.8
i actually think it makes me more sick when i see neons on commodores, thats my definition of a ricer...

Farlig

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Clubsport
no1 is arguing that gtr etc are nice cars, 99% of the time its non-turbo automatics that are getting the ricer treatment :)

machete

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
sumed up well A+

i will admit my commodore is low(39mm to the ground) so i need to take speed bumps on the angle, but most of them have 95mm+ of clearance, there just trying to act hard.
my suspension is about practicality and handling, it handles like a v8 super car(which is mint, except when you street corner and lift 1 wheel off the ground :p)