Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Delco tuners in Sydney

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Isn't it sad that the tuning knowledge in the industry seems to be getting worse and not better as you would expect with time and experience.
It is but what's worse is plenty of places out there who advertise as tuning garages, who take your money yet you end up spending $1000 plus for what ends up being a poor tune.
Mine was a classic example. They are on 7 Mate talking about their tuning skills and yet botched my LS.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I had a crap job done by one of the tuners mentioned. The car ran better when I put the old memcal back in and this was with a different cam and 2.02 inlet valves. The person I got to do a kalmaker tune on my car knew that tuner very well and was not surprised by his results.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
It's the same in Tasmania. Many are happy to take your money yet miss critical areas in the tune and you end up needing to get it redone elsewhere. I found a bloke that few know about who is the only one who when I asked various mechanics who only had good reports about his work. Others who I asked around through the Holden enthusiasts had bad things to say about the bloke who is nic-named the LS guru, yet he botched some jobs so I avoided him. When I asked some mechanics they said yeah we had heard he botched a few peoples cars.

Forcedvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV XU8, FORD TERRORIST
Not defending the guy (as I don't know him, but do know he won't share any info for free - yes I saw the other thread you posted in).
But maybe he does MAP well and struggles with MAF? Or the forced induction threw him off. No excuse for a full price poor tune though.
You maybe right about MAP and MAF. But i find that difficult to believe when you see he has a turbo v8 VX. If so, he just had to say so and maybe drop the price a bit as I wouldn't have minded being a guinea so he could work it out. As for Forced Induction. I've seen a tone of his videos tuning F/I. Seemed to do a pretty good job. All I know Is when i look at the Calibration. in the tune, I can't help shaking my head. I made a couple changes in the tune and the car runs so much better on all levels. You hear so many good things about him and it's not easy talking about my experience. I've kept quiet about it for 4 years.

Forcedvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
Isn't it sad that the tuning knowledge in the industry seems to be getting worse and not better as you would expect with time and experience.
Yeah, it seems to be the case.

Forcedvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
I certainly had an iffy experience with a well known delco tuner too in that area - wouldn’t waste the cash again.

Also ended up going NVRam myself with maf 304 in the end.
It's a very small pool of choice and a mine field at the same time. I know there are really good tuners out there. But usually to far away.

Forcedvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
If you don't put up who done your tune, how can people research like you said? If old mate has done a **** tune, wont or can't fix it, put it out there so other people who may not be in the know don't get burnt.
The reason why I didn't is because I believe he is a good tuner. Just not good using Tuner Pro. Seen some of his work on similar set ups, and it's good. But he is using either EFI live or HP Tuners software.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
You maybe right about MAP and MAF. But i find that difficult to believe when you see he has a turbo v8 VX. If so, he just had to say so and maybe drop the price a bit as I wouldn't have minded being a guinea so he could work it out. As for Forced Induction. I've seen a tone of his videos tuning F/I. Seemed to do a pretty good job. All I know Is when i look at the Calibration. in the tune, I can't help shaking my head. I made a couple changes in the tune and the car runs so much better on all levels. You hear so many good things about him and it's not easy talking about my experience. I've kept quiet about it for 4 years.
Well thank you for sharing.