Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Delivery times

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
They're 'oversubscribed' at the moment. So basically dealers have placed more orders than what can feasibly be built within that month. Because build volumes are so small and there's so many models, they have to lock in build requirements with suppliers many months out. They're only building roughly 300 Redline Sedans a month, which I can imagine are selling out very quickly.

Dealers have been told May now for any orders and this is just for Sold orders, let alone stock orders. Eventually it's going to get to the point where you won't even be able to see a Redline in a dealer's stock.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
They're 'oversubscribed' at the moment. So basically dealers have placed more orders than what can feasibly be built within that month. Because build volumes are so small and there's so many models, they have to lock in build requirements with suppliers many months out. They're only building roughly 300 Redline Sedans a month, which I can imagine are selling out very quickly.

Dealers have been told May now for any orders and this is just for Sold orders, let alone stock orders. Eventually it's going to get to the point where you won't even be able to see a Redline in a dealer's stock.

TimandHayley if someone wanted to order a Jungle Green before its replaced with spitfire for the MY17 update, when would you need to put your order in for a Redline to make sure you get the said colour? June?

Mason SSV Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VF 11 SSV Redline
Ordered my SSV Redline a couple of weeks ago with black roof and many options. Have been advised expected delivery is mid April 2016. Dealer said they will confirm a date once they have it.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
I ordered my redline 9th January. Got told yesterday my delivery date is 18th March. The second car is coming 1st April.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
Sometimes they finish up colours early, but usually they continue them until the end of a model cycle (all depends on how much paint they have left). A June order would usually get you an August build, but if things continue to run tightly, then this might carry over a month into September.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I ordered mine in November 2015 and specified a 2016 build date.

Redline Ute with 20’s, track stripes and black fender, DRL & grille surrounds.

It arrived at the dealership on Thursday 4th February 2016.

The black DRL & grille surrounds were on backorder and therefore couldn’t be fitted.

I wasn’t prepared to take delivery until the car was completed as per the contract so it sat there until they were fitted today and I picked it up this afternoon Tuesday 16th Feb.

Nice car apart from the fact it rides so high when I first got in I waited ten minutes in case I suffered decompression sickness.

daz_au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII
So they're Chinese built wheels, flogged at Aussie prices. Aftermarket prices for Redline wheels are hideous

Well the ones from the article in 2013 are US made forged by Alcoa, I am not sure about the latest ones. Forged wheels are relatively light and expensive, I dont think the prices are that bad.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Sometimes they finish up colours early, but usually they continue them until the end of a model cycle (all depends on how much paint they have left). A June order would usually get you an August build, but if things continue to run tightly, then this might carry over a month into September.
Thanks for confirming that. Also in the build process has to be HSV cars which people forget about, which push out Holden orders.

Mattj1985

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS-V Wagon
Just updating the delivery time advice - ordered Friday with delivery at some stage in May they tell me.
MY16 SSV in Heron White, going to be a long 3 months!