Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dem & Wraith's HMAS VX Berliner

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Just found a thread where some one had taken all the paint off the grill and found chrome underneath so when I get the oil etc. next week I will get paint stripper as well. Should look pretty nice.

IMG_0376.JPG

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hmm new tail lights?

740542711_o.jpg

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
I chromed my grill and it's very easy. I just used a can of spray on paint stripper then hosed it off. Those tail lights will look nice as well. Also instead of a corvette servo I'd suggest a stage 2 shift kit. I got one and it really livens up all the gear changes, especially when done shifter under acceleration.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah not sure about shiftkits right now. With 4 kids don't really need something that will shift hard into gear. Besides that's what the clubby is for.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
OK updates. Fairly busy day. Got rid of the stupid ants in the back window and also took off the roof racks. Degreased the heck out of the engine bay because well you will see from the pics. Dusted the airfilter. Hit it with the palm of my hand and it was like a dust cloud. Thinking about maybe drilling a second hole in the airbox for more airflow because when you give it throttle you can feel the vacuum with your hand. Also is it a bad thing if there's a mechanic sticker saying next service due at 220k kms and the car is at 258k kms?

Tasty
aBJHEUV.jpg

Mmm
7Wj1IOB.jpg

Quick paint of the engine cover with some spare paint I had laying around. Just a quick job. Heaps better then the silver scuffed one.
GXAbleF.jpg

De-anted and also no roof rack
Uq0lM1X.jpg

Edit: May of sold some Mazda bits so if that happens will be getting new headlights and taillights and probably a full exhaust to.

Double edit: I found LED conversions. We may be in trouble.

Last edited:

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah not sure about shiftkits right now. With 4 kids don't really need something that will shift hard into gear. Besides that's what the clubby is for.

That's fair. They do make the changes a bit sharp. If you are getting a zorst, the one NAAF sold me for my wagon sounds fantastic.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah will be a manta system from NAAF. As long as it's all bolt on my mechanic will fit it. Got a exhaust clip? I have the clubby to sound good but I really can't handle a quiet car :p

Edit: I know this is really wanky but I really want twin exhausts either side....

Last edited:

Tones

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES2
I didn't realize the Berlina's had different shaped headlights. I was expecting tear drop type. Silver or chrome headlights would be cheaper?, rather than the SS type?
Are you keeping the wood grain shifter surround? Was that stock on Berlina's?
I wouldn't worry about the service interval, you don't really need to change oil regularly do you? Oil changes are over rated, Haha.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah will be a manta system from NAAF. As long as it's all bolt on my mechanic will fit it. Got a exhaust clip? I have the clubby to sound good but I really can't handle a quiet car :p

Edit: I know this is really wanky but I really want twin exhausts either side....

It's certainly not quiet, and I have my SS to compare it too. I have crappy phone videos, but If i can borrow my dad's Gopro I'' get you something better in the next few days. Mine wasn't a straight bolt-on, it requried some cutting and welding. But then the guy said he thought I had been sent a Sedan exhaust and went on about how I should've bought the exhaust off them. I think he put the front muffler on upside down and the cuts were to make it fit.

As for twin exhaust, It's certainly doable, i have it on my ute and gas comes from both pipes, however what my mate did on his V6 stato was to just weld a bit of metal to the underbody with a short piece of pipe and a tip on it. that way all the gas still comes from the stock place, but the car appears to have dual outlets, and he didn't need a fully custom pipe like on my ute.