Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dem & Wraith's HMAS VX Berliner

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
They are supposed to be white from factory. I'm just going to paint it. The actual measure is on the lid anyway.

Edit:
This is getting an L67 rather then wasting the money on the emotec. Considering the cost of the conversion it's a much better base.

Last edited:

Tones

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES2
They are supposed to be white from factory. I'm just going to paint it. The actual measure is on the lid anyway.

Edit:
This is getting an L67 rather then wasting the money on the emotec. Considering the cost of the conversion it's a much better base.

I am aware they should be white, It was a little tongue in cheek comment. I guess most 10+ year old cars suffer a little cosmetically. A bit like the LS1 coolant surge tanks which were also white when leaving the factory.

LOL - You lasted just on a week before you started talking supercharged.
You're right though, much better foundation to work with. As they say "It's very hard to make strawberry jam out of dog sh!t"

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
LOL - You lasted just on a week before you started talking supercharged.
You're right though, much better foundation to work with. As they say "It's very hard to make strawberry jam out of dog sh!t"

It's not hard, it's just expensive.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
And new lifters too. But suddenly it gets costly :)

Well the plan always was supercharging but a raptor your looking at around 6 to 7k with installation etc. With an L67 you can usually pick up fairly low km motor trans ecu loom combos for cheap enough. My mechanic I use will tackle anything and he's cheap. Well aware it's a family car but doesn't mean it has to be slow :p Although it's pretty funny given a tune and pulley swap and it will probably be making as much if not more power then the clubby.

Not a matter of if just when... oh wait baby bonus next month... L67 bonus.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Yeah, a Raptor is only really a reasonable investment if you go second hand (no offence Timmy). Given your handy work on the Clubby, installation would be done by you (it only requires a faint pulse and some basic tools).

An L67 upgrade will certainly make decent power for a family barge like yours, I can't find a single impressive one round these parts so I'll just keep playing with the LS's :p

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Edit:

All the more reason to get the diff gears done.

The L67 makes more power/torque than an ecotec when on boost, however the majority of the time your cruising around off boost and then in reality your just driving a low compression ecotec. I figure this is the reason the L67's get a different torque converter which is just a little looser than the standard ecotec one, it lets the engine rev just a little more until it locks.

With the L67 a CAI is even more important, it lets the charger breathe easier. An 8psi pulley and CAI/69mm TB woke up my missus L67 + much better induction noise and willingness to get up and go :)

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
That's the plan. I will probably just stick with a VY SS diff or something like that. LSD with 3.45s. Supposed to bolt in. Single spinner winner is no fun. Too used to the clubbys grip and yeah not good.