Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Deuce's new daily - 1970 series2a LWB

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Truck day!
Took a load of steel and some ally to the scrapies for a grand profit of $15.
IMG20231026103711.jpg

Then did the kindy/school pick-ups in it.
Found myself parked behind an X5 upon returning, behind me was a BMW X1 (which I didn't know was a thing).
And I thought, "Ahhh, my European 4wd brethren. We are one in the same"
They probably thought otherwise, but hey, at least our seats probably matched, lol.

Then after the kids were asleep, I greased a couple of tie-rods and wobbled some tyres on a walk around (I was sceptical about the steering for a short moment today). Front RH wheel concerned me with movement, so jacked the front up and put it on axle stands.
And it feels like both front wheel bearing adjusters have slackened off, so I will pull the wheels off, and hubs apart sometime soon and check what it all looks like. Glad I've caught it before it's too bad though...

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Truck day!
Took a load of steel and some ally to the scrapies for a grand profit of $15.
View attachment 259443

So did you factor the $20 worth of fuel you used to take it to the scrappers into that $15 profit... :)

I know, being picky....Shall remove myself from the discussion before you remove me permanently

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
So did you factor the $20 worth of fuel you used to take it to the scrappers into that $15 profit... :)

I know, being picky....Shall remove myself from the discussion before you remove me permanently
It's a small town, nothing is that far away. Plus diesel is cheaper than gasoline, and a few months back I took my 20L of old diesel and (through a filter) dumped most of that back in the tank, so free free really....

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
It's a small town, nothing is that far away. Plus diesel is cheaper than gasoline, and a few months back I took my 20L of old diesel and (through a filter) dumped most of that back in the tank, so free free really....
Do you still have to pay road tax on a diesel?

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Do you still have to pay road tax on a diesel?
Yes.
But this truck is about 40,000miles in credit somehow, so I won't be buying any for a decade or more with how much It drives around.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Well at least by the time I come down for the next adventure we know the wheels aren't going to come off whilst we are out having fun.