Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Devil yellow Thunder ute

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
My Ute sits the same as yours when you had SL i thought SSl would have made it dropped more than that.Maybe needs a bit weight in the back to get it to settle?. Yeah i knew it would rub I'm running 255's and it rubs everywhere im rolling them hopefully tomorrow.I must admit those yellow walls look good.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Technically not yellow walled thats the silver strip around the outside of the rim in yellow, which I think looks not too bad. Would be more permanent than walls too.

ZyDaim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
My Ute sits the same as yours when you had SL i thought SSl would have made it dropped more than that.Maybe needs a bit weight in the back to get it to settle?. Yeah i knew it would rub I'm running 255's and it rubs everywhere im rolling them hopefully tomorrow.I must admit those yellow walls look good.

#### 255s haha thatd be rubbing like crazy. does it look like youve been doing AWD burnouts? xD mine did hahah get em rolled man if your from SE suburbs in Vic i know a bloke 30 a corner. does a great job. very careful with the paint ect. if you want ill give you his number. and yea might chuck some bags of sand in the back for a while cause there is #### all weight in it.

anyone know if i can level out the lowness cause my fuel tanks on drivers side it sits mint but the passenger side is higher. anyone know any tricks to get it even? or anything to change to get it even?

Thanks Sandman
that yellow. i am a fan of i like it alot. what would you do just get that face wrapped yellow? or should just get yellow walls i got a cheap bloke only like $100 for all 4s i can get done. pretty keen now ive seen that. thanks sandman :)

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
No probs mate, for that look I showed getting that face wrapped would probably be the go, shouldn't be too hard for someone who knows their way around vinyl too. Otherwise you could go the yellow walls, just that you would also have the silver circle on the rim and the wall close together so take that into consideration.

A few sand bags in the tray for a couple of weeks should help the springs settle.

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
#### 255s haha thatd be rubbing like crazy. does it look like youve been doing AWD burnouts? xD mine did hahah get em rolled man.

Nah just the rears the fronts have been rolled but its eaten a bit of the rear tyres outer edge.All good bro i am on the Gold Coast and i'l be doing a D.I.Y job have a guard roller/heatgun and a hammer if it all goes wrong lol.

As Sandman said i'd get them done with vinyl maybe even give it a go yourself. If it goes wrong or you get sick of it just rip them off. I have seen a few commodores around here with sort of similar wheels but with a red lip i think they come out that way thou.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Either that or Plasti-Dip, would only need 1 can for those little strips.

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
Either that or Plasti-Dip, would only need 1 can for those little strips.
Yeah plasti dip would work i think Autobarn sell it now too could be old news thou.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Yeah they do. You would be wasting a lot of vinyl otherwise.

ZyDaim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
yea i may think about the plasti dip idea. i think autobarn do i swear ive seen it there. i wanna do a strip in my interior a yellow aswell plasti dip. so might get that aswell this weekend maybe .