Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dfi Module

brad_m_is

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX Calais
Hey can anyone tell me what some of the symptoms are when the dfi module on its way out?

Thanks

mazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Wagon
When you put your foot down the car just kind of gurgles and doesnt go anywhere.
It got dangerous in busy traffic when you have to pick a tight gap, cos you would put your foot down and the car just wont go.

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
symptoms
car has no power, i.e. it's got the power of a mf barina (none)
it will cough and splutter
it will idle like a bitch, very rough,
it will start to miss beats, i.e. you will be driving and it will skip a beat
it wont start

brad_m_is

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX Calais
Dfi

the reason i ask is because my vp calais idles **** after hot starts, the idle is also erattic jumps from 500 - 700 rpm sometimes, and does feel a but gutless still drives perfect on the road doesnt miss a beat when driving. ive changed everything else i can think of leads, sensors, injectors, plugs, coils u name it.

thanks

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
take the coilpack off and check if the resin shows signs of overheating (ie. it's all mucky). if so it's kaput.

vx super

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx 2001 supercharged 3.8l
help me!!

the reason i ask is because my vp calais idles **** after hot starts, the idle is also erattic jumps from 500 - 700 rpm sometimes, and does feel a but gutless still drives perfect on the road doesnt miss a beat when driving. ive changed everything else i can think of leads, sensors, injectors, plugs, coils u name it.

thanks

my vx is having similar issues, have replaced plugs and leads, and test drove with same problem. upon checking all plugs i noticed all on #2 bank are black with carbon..... all 3??

so thought may be 02 sensor, so i swaped both round but problem has stayed on bank#2 haven't yet replaced coils but would have thought that would affect only the connected cylinders not a whole side
??

vx super

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx 2001 supercharged 3.8l
my vx is having similar issues, have replaced plugs and leads, and test drove with same problem. upon checking all plugs i noticed all on #2 bank are black with carbon..... all 3??

so thought may be 02 sensor, so i swaped both round but problem has stayed on bank#2 haven't yet replaced coils but would have thought that would affect only the connected cylinders not a whole side
??